Revolvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolvers

Excluding marui pythons and dan wessons what revolvers are out there with effective range and fps? Thought I'd ask the question since I'm shopping around for one

Re: Revolvers

Tanaka. Accept no substitutes! (quality of manufacture is far better than both the TM and Dan Wesson revolvers). Recent ones will need a slight mod as the gas flow is restricted due to the Japanese 0.98j law.

Comment

Tanakas are the best you can get. Although lots of people love them, I hate the Dan Wessons with a passion. The TM shoot ok, but are not reliable in my experience (24 shot system far from perfect) and they're very cheap feeling - not worth over £100 in my opinion. Marushin make shell fed revolvers which are quite nicely made. The larger ones are good and can shoot ok, but the shells are expensive and many of them are 8mm. Tanaka are the best all round, and are some of the best made airsoft guns around. Being able to fit real grips is a big bonus, and gas efficiency is great. Only issue is that brand new they're usually expensive, and they don't make a lot anymore. Best to get a second had one as long as it is in good condition and the cylinder is in time.

Comment

Also recommend Tanaka. The Tanaka M29 heavyweight would be a great choice.

Comment

A Tanaka revolver is definitely on my bucket list.
          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
            Tanaka. Accept no substitutes! (quality of manufacture is far better than both the TM and Dan Wesson revolvers). Recent ones will need a slight mod as the gas flow is restricted due to the Japanese 0.98j law.
            whats the mod?
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
              whats the mod?
              I'm guessing it's just widening the restricted flow valve with a drill?

Comment

Exactly that. Easy to do, and once it's done you can easily dial a Tanaka in to whatever velocity you want by using different gases and adjusting the leaf spring tension screw (on the M29's at least)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chevaliernoir Find out more about Chevaliernoir
                Working...
                X