first m4 aeg problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first m4 aeg problems

Hi, i have just got my first AEG, i got an SRC M4 but a reconditioned one from a certain retailer who i probably wont go with again (not Zero one) as i got the gun and the mag was missing, took them 2 weeks to get me one. Anyway, first issue arose when i fired 2 shots and gearbox jammed, so i took it apart and found the issue, put it all back again and fired well. The other issue i have is the mag seems to be spinning to quick and i get bb's spewing out of the barrel every few shots. Just wondered if anyone has a fix as i have just spent 2 hours playing with the gearbox so tired lol.

Re: first m4 aeg problems

send it back.. ?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

well hes opened it up already
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
        send it back.. ?
        It was a reconditioned model so didnt come with a warranty plus with the service i have had from the retailer so far, sending it back would more than likely be more hassel than its worth, especially if i can fix the issue myself. just looking for some advice to find out if it is the mag before i go ahead and perform more surgery

Comment

I think your problem started when you bought an SRC ('Seriously Really Crappy' in my experience) M4; worse, you bought one that had already been returned to the shop by the original buyer as faulty (which is generally what 'reconditioned' means). In short, you bought a rejected example of one of a bad manufacturer's worst guns. How much did this screaming deal cost you, exactly?

The fault could be one of a number of things, but I would say it was unlikely to be the magazine; feeding faults with magazines tend to be not feeding rounds consistently or at all instead of feeding too many. Do you have another magazine to shoot the rifle with? Also, if this is your first AEG, how confident are you that you knew what you were doing when you opened the gearbox up? AEGs are relatively simple in the context of most electromechanical devices but they're still quite complex from the point of view of your average consumer, and they're not forgiving if you don't put them back together right. What was the fault you identified and 'corrected'?

Comment

It won't be the mag, but can you say what you mean by the bbs spewing out? Is the gun/motor still running after you release the trigger or is it just firing a couple of bbs at a time?

What voltage battery are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have worked on things similar to this before plus used to watch my dad work on similar things too so have experience in to a certain extent, the gearbox seems to be working fine and the motor is not faulty. At closer inspection it seems as though the spin up mechanism in the mag keeps slipping, was going to get a second mag anyway so will see what happens.
              As for the SRC being a little crappy, i think i have learned that pretty quickly, i shall get my U.K.A.R.A defence asap and get myself a good one in the new year, perhaps i will try G&G or similar.

Comment

I think the problem is now yours to resolve mate, the shop won't take it back as you have opened it up. I would advise watching a few disassmbly videos on Youtube and using this as an ideal opportunity to learn your way around a V2 gearbox and upgrade til your heart's content.

Oh and don't buy from that retailer.
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by ridla1984 View Post
                  At closer inspection it seems as though the spin up mechanism in the mag keeps slipping, was going to get a second mag anyway so will see what happens.
                  Is it slipping when you've wound it up fully and it has BBs in it? It's supposed to do that to stop you over-tensioning the spring in the magazine. I think the problem is highly unlikely to be the magazine unless you're doing something really wrong to/with it. Take the magazine out, put the feed hole into the bag/bottle of BBs, and pull the tab back until the fountain of BBs stops. Then (with the magazine half-full of BBs) wind the magazine until the spring feels tight, but not so tight that the slip mechanism engages. Try to shoot it then.

If you're going to buy another magazine, buy a midcap magazine (no winding mechanism to complicate things) from a brand that is both reliable and compatible with the SRC (Google is your friend). And I would highly recommend watching some YouTube videos and Googling your rifle's symptoms, too. As to buying a new one, you're on the right track - get your defence, and then get a G&G CM16 or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by ridla1984 View Post
                    , i shall get my U.K.A.R.A defence asap and get myself a good one in the new year
                    So how did you even get one without a defense?? By reconditioned do you mean just bought one from a forum member and can't send it back because you shouldn't have actually even bought it in the first place? Even "reconditioned" goods should have some sort of come back or warranty. Of course by opening up the thing without knowing what you're doing you have voided any warranty.
                    PTS RM4 ERG, ICS MX5 A5 (Tactical Light Handguard), WE SIG P226 E2, WE M1911 MEU, KWA Glock 17, Mauser L96

Comment

Hmmm well first off its two toned thats how I got one without defense and secondly it is working perfectly now, seems I do know what I am doing after all

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome best of luck....
                        PTS RM4 ERG, ICS MX5 A5 (Tactical Light Handguard), WE SIG P226 E2, WE M1911 MEU, KWA Glock 17, Mauser L96

Comment

So what was the problem for those who may come across the same thing in the future?
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Well the original problem was when a bb jammed in the barrell, some how the gearbox jammed up and a spring came loose, as for the bbs spewing out, just fired some rounds off and seemed to right itself. I would say the spring issue was more because my mate was the one who fired it and kept trying to while it was jammed, alas his impatience caused me an hour of work lol

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ridla1984 New to airsoft but eager to get going, always had a loveof firearms so looking to advance to an awesome loadout Find out more about ridla1984
                            Working...
                            X