Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma mp5k?

Hi all,

I've been looking for a backup aeg to use a a sniper secondary and for cqb games. I had considered the tr16 crw as another option but the g+g is a bit pricey and the cyma looks like good value.

I have 2 questions; are there any other lightweight small aeg's that I've not considered and are there any major issues with the cyma that owners have discovered.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Re: Cyma mp5k?

the cyma mp5k is heavy for its size mate.
    The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

I know what you mean, would have considered the tm one but the're a bugger to find .
      There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

A CYMA MP5 will be a very good choice. It really doesn't way that much. Especially as a sniper you'll be spent most of the day laid down or hugging a tree stump.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          A CYMA MP5 will be a very good choice. It really doesn't way that much. Especially as a sniper you'll be spent most of the day laid down or hugging a tree stump.
          It does seem to be the best available option at the mo but I'm not 100% there yet, hence the thread

Comment

Well, if it helps, I've tried most brands and most types of guns out there. Recoils, CTWs, gas rifles, ak, M4, G36, AUG, M14, etc etc etc.

And both of my CYMA MP5s are the only guns I don't want to get rid off 6 months later.

Comment

What about the ca mp5 k ? One of their best guns

Comment

Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
                Hi all,

I've been looking for a backup aeg to use a a sniper secondary and for cqb games. I had considered the tr16 crw as another option but the g+g is a bit pricey and the cyma looks like good value.

I have 2 questions; are there any other lightweight small aeg's that I've not considered and are there any major issues with the cyma that owners have discovered.
                Does it have to be an AEG? TM MK23 is the best back up sniper weapon, in my opinion. In fact so good that I consider mine to be my primary and my VSR as back up for when I can't get close enough.

How about a Marui Mac 10 (without silencer)? Or a Scorpion? Both could easily be dropped into a dump pouch + on a retaining line in case they slip out?
                “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

P90 . Tm or g&g both compact , light , large mags , can stand alone as a primary if required .and equal the range of a sniper if modded ..

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                    Does it have to be an AEG? TM MK23 is the best back up sniper weapon, in my opinion. In fact so good that I consider mine to be my primary and my VSR as back up for when I can't get close enough.

How about a Marui Mac 10 (without silencer)? Or a Scorpion? Both could easily be dropped into a dump pouch + on a retaining line in case they slip out?
                    I did consider the mk23 but availability seems to be a problem currently, as does holstering with this weapon. I'd like to go aeg mainly for reliability in the winter and the ability to use automatic fire should i need to (eg being rushed by a group). Are the scorpion and mac 10 available as aeg's?

Comment

I'll check out some p90 dimensions. Are mid caps available for them?

Comment

Silverback do 190 round ones , also a few other makes available .

Comment

Skorpions are generally poorly built. I wouldn't want to fall back on one! A Mac 10 would do nicely though.

I imagine you'll have more problems with a P90 than you would starting from scratch again with your sniper rifle

Comment

The tm p90 is one of the most accurate and reliable guns tm make . So how is it going to be a problem . . The only downside is the size of its mags .

Comment

Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
                              I did consider the mk23 but availability seems to be a problem currently, as does holstering with this weapon. I'd like to go aeg mainly for reliability in the winter and the ability to use automatic fire should i need to (eg being rushed by a group). Are the scorpion and mac 10 available as aeg's?
                              MK23s are fine in the cold and running on Ultra (non blow back remember). Very reliable as well, not much to go wrong on them (hop arm a bit soft but I've bodged mine to lift .3 BBs and it out ranges my standard out the box TM M14 by quite a distance). I saw one for sale on here for £100ish recently. Looked good condition.

They are not for everyone though, long trigger pull, 'unrealistic' feel to them when firing, much slower ROF than a GBB and a bit plasticy even for TM.

I keep mine in a dump pouch and a retaining line in case it falls out.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                              The tm p90 is one of the most accurate and reliable guns tm make . So how is it going to be a problem . . The only downside is the size of its mags .
                              How would you carry a P90 while sniping? if it's on your back it's liable to get wet and muddy? Mac 10 would probably be better suited as a sniper back up, I would imagine?
                              Last edited by Trouble; 25 November, 2013, 18:15.
                              “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fangsnatcher 43 year old ex army staff sergeant rediscovering my love of running about and shooting people Find out more about fangsnatcher
                              Working...
                              X