G&G Gas Blowbacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Gas Blowbacks?

Anyone had any experience with the G&G's range of gas rifles?
    Are they any good? The price makes them look pretty tempting!

Re: G&G Gas Blowbacks?

Take a look at the cost of additional mags as well. I think they come in at around £35 each, so by the time you've got the rifle and 4-5 mags (remember they only hold about 30 rounds!) your looking at £300+

Would love to get one but it's the mag cost that has been putting me off.
    PTS RM4 ERG, ICS MX5 A5 (Tactical Light Handguard), WE SIG P226 E2, WE M1911 MEU, KWA Glock 17, Mauser L96

Comment

There is a review on here somewhere of them but can't find it at mo

sigpic
      OHHH BEHAVE!!
      GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
      YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

I was possibly thinking of a DMR type set up as they are rumored to have good range and accuracy out of the box compared to other gbb rifles. Therefore I will only need 2 or 2 mags?!

Comment

I am not a fan of them. Has the disadvantages of a GBB but none of the advantages.

Comment

Looks like good tolerance to cold and the version 2 currently on sale have an ambidextrous selector and lock back thingee. seem to have good cold tolerance.

I like the idea of a small one with a silencer.
            -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
            -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Apurturesci have you had any hands on experience?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyDew View Post
                Apurturesci have you had any hands on experience?
                Yes, not extensively, but I decided to buy one (although I didn't have it for long). The price tag seemed great for a GBBr, but after a while I just didn't really see the point in it. As I said, you get the disadvantages of a GBB - expensive magazines, maintenance, gas costs, weather sensitivity, less consistency than an AEG etc. but with none of the advantages - the kick isn't the same as a real GBBr, it doesn't have realistic takedown, no full bolt travel etc.

Don't get me wrong, they're not bad guns at all, especially for the price, it just didn't really have a purpose to me - it's like an AEG that eats up gas and only takes £35 magazines. In some ways they're a good way to get into the GBBr world, with lots of noise and good trigger response, but it's just not the same realistic experience as a proper one, and that's the whole point of a GBB for a lot of people. With WE G36s only a little bit more expensive, it's hard for me to recommend them, mainly because I don't really understand the market/use for it, other then someone who wants GBB on a budget.

Comment

I have a V2, Great gun, sounds nice, mines the short one so its great for CQB.
                  . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
                  TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

They also take an aeg gearbox as a straight drop in . Trouble is g&g complete aeg boxes are 140 quid a pop
                    There are plastic bodied versions and ltd edition metal body versions with metal ris etc . Not a bad gun but mags are 30?quid a pop if used as a gbb
                    Cool down resistance is pretty good . I have the gen 1 ltd edition one ( full metal. ) full length ris boxed and mint with 1 mag if anyone wants to make me a sensible offer ( .shameless plug )

Comment

Do the V2s have a functioning bolt catch, or is it just a holding and opening catch?

The GHK mech boxes are a good design but I agree, if you want GBBR do it properly to get the most satisfaction. We don't buy they for their top notch performance.
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

This is mine is a version 1 custom

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry for poor shots taken quickly with ipad
                        Attached Files

sigpic
                        OHHH BEHAVE!!
                        GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
                        YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyDew View Post
                          I was possibly thinking of a DMR type set up as they are rumored to have good range and accuracy out of the box compared to other gbb rifles. Therefore I will only need 2 or 2 mags?!
                          I wouldn't really recommend using one as a dmr setup. Gbbr's, in general, tend to be quite inconsistent when shooting due to the pressure from the gas fluctuating. Don't get me wrong i love gbbrs and feel it is much more fulfilling to get a kill with one, but at the end of the day it won't be anywhere near as consistent as an aeg dmr setup.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JohnnyDew Find out more about JohnnyDew
                          Working...
                          X