Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 with a Lipo

Another "noob-ish" question;

I recently bought a TM M14 and am wondering whether it will be able to support a 7.4v lipo as stock? (No modifications)

I've never really understood batteries and MOSFET's; I just plug in the battery and hope the gun fires :P

Also, if standard TM rifles are able to support lipos, will it support an 11.1v (i'll only be using the gun on Semi)

(Only reason I ask is that the term 'lipo-ready' has been banded around a bit and i don't want to destroy the internals)

thanks
    sigpic

Re: TM M14 with a Lipo

7.4 will be fine, I use one in my TM AK and it puts less strain on everything than a normal 9.6v - ROF isn't much better than an 8.4v. As for an 11.1, you risk burning out the trigger contacts etc which is why you want something to regulate the power like a Mosfet.

Comment

Re: TM M14 with a Lipo

Aaaaaahh ! that poxy fraise 'lipo ready' has freaked out more players than god knows what !
      Not to worry matey , it'll be perfectly fine on a 7.4 , I use to run and several team mates currently run TM M14's on them with no changes to the guns at all and there fine . As Apurturesci said theres a good chance a 11pointer will burn out your contacts running it on single only eventuality and if you should try it on auto then kiss good bye to your gearbox in the near future (couple of yrs ago there was a guy at dragon valley that insisted he could run his upgraded 14 on 11s , I know he had to rebuild it at least three time that I heard about ! ) ) so to recap ; 7.4v safe , 11.1 NOT SAFE !
      Oh and while your at it if you haven't already change to deans if you've still got tamiyas , there poop and your gun will run much more efficiently with deans .
      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Airsoft Lad WWII 514th American Re-enactor Find out more about The Airsoft Lad
      Working...
      X