Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo's-What's the big idea?!

Hello all,
    Recently bought a Magpull Masada that is rewired to use lipo's! I hear they are high maintenance but that's it. Can anyone give me some insight!?
    Thanks
    ells101
    sigpic
    All I feel when I shoot someone is the recoil.

UMP.45 w/ ACOG
    A&K Magpul Masada w/ EOthech replica holographic

Re: Lipo's-What's the big idea?!

Too many threads on this already

But simply...

A lot smaller and a lot more powerful. Can delivery power much quicker than normal batteries.

The "cons"....

You'll need a balanced charger (Recommend the iMax B6 for about £40)
    Can be too fast rof. You'll have to eat that, or restrict it via a power control mosfet

Lots of horror stories, but they are mostly rumours! Lipo is everywhere now (my phone battery is lipo). They are safe with normal use

Comment

Ok, interesting. My Masada can take lipos and standard batteries at the moment so i will get a charger but in the mean time I'll use standard batteries...
      sigpic
      All I feel when I shoot someone is the recoil.

UMP.45 w/ ACOG
      A&K Magpul Masada w/ EOthech replica holographic

Comment

yh i asked the same question earlier check the thread, follow the links and all will be revealed.

yh lol my phone battery is li-po aswel
        |JG G36K|G&P Magpul M4 Sentry|Kalash AKS-74M|Warrior L96|TM MK .23 SOCOM|TM Samurai Edge Jill Valentine Edition|CYMA Glock 18C|

Comment

I have recently switched to Lipo's and wont be going back..

Most of the stories about Lipos are from older batteries or severe misuse, just keeping them looked after is about all you need to do. Just remember to keep an eye on them while charging too.

Steve
          My Armory:
          ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

How can you reduce ROF with LiPos without installing a stiffer spring?

Comment

mosfet aint it matey?
              Originally posted by bravotwozero
              And no, owning a System doesn't increase the size of your manhood

Comment

Using a lower C output on the battery will lower the ROF.

I use 15C or 20C and have a normal ROF, but I go for realistic ROF over high speed.

Steve
                My Armory:
                ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

I just can't be bothered installing mosfets in 10+ AEGs, tbh... I'd rather replace the trigger contacts every two years or so than all that fannying around with soldering etc. :D
                  Originally posted by Xiosis View Post
                  Using a lower C output on the battery will lower the ROF.

I use 15C or 20C and have a normal ROF, but I go for realistic ROF over high speed.

Steve
                  I use the lowest recommended = 20C. Anything less will potentially harm the battery, so I'm told (by an expert in LiPos). ROF is still a little too high for me hence why looking for an easy way to reduce it.

Comment

Isnt the 7.2v LiPo(or there abouts) equivelent to a 9.6v standard battery?
                    9.6v standard batt isnt a huge stepup in terms of ROF, its not that noticable on my SPR.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Two points....

Don't use under powered batteries to lower ROF, can cause damage.

Reducing ROF is best done via something like the Extreme Fire Cheetah mosfet. (£50 to UK!)

I'd not really bother with lipo unless you want to save room or want the rof. So Panoptes, I'd not put them in every AEG you got :p

Comment

Ah, but fast trigger response is for winners! :p

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          Two points....

Don't use under powered batteries to lower ROF, can cause damage.
                          Im intrigued on this in all honesty
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I don't think you'll be amazed by the trigger response. I'm using 25c 7.2v pack, it's nice and snappy. But.... we are talking (estimates!) maybe a 0.5 sec lag, down to 0.25 sec delay. Maybe with a 11 or 14 volt pack you'd notice something amazing, but then you would NEED the mosfet to avoid emptying a mag in half a second, and eating the internals!

Sean: Lots on Arnies about this. Basically if the pack cannot deliver the needed power, can be damaging to the pack.

Comment

So its really down to its Amp/hours or mAmp/hours output rather than voltage.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ells101 Elliott is the name. Find out more about ells101
                              Working...
                              X