we mags in a tm 226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we mags in a tm 226

Dont supose anybody knows if we 226 mags work in a tm 226?

Re: we mags in a tm 226

Can I ask why? Use TM mags.. just my opinion!

Comment

They're cheaper!

If I remember correctly WE and TM P226 mags are incompatible. I know KJW P226s can use TM mags but I dunno about the other way.
      Upcoming Games:
      None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
      Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Agree with Mickydoos... dont think WE mags fit, however KJW ones doo...

At the same time however, I'd really recommend spending the extra few quid and get TM ones. In my experience, they are worth it!

Comment

WE mags do fit although be careful with plastic slides in warmer weather as WE mags are a bit more punchy.

WE mags are a little weaker if dropped on the feedlips but do not suffer leaking as muchas TM mags

Comment

WE Mags do fit (WE being a copy and all that!) - however, as 1st Commando states - they have higher flow valves to move their metal slides (on WE versions) so be careful when using at 15deg+

Personally, stick with TM mags - £8 -£10 saved on a mag is nothing compared to the cost of a new TM slide & internals

RR

**insert witty remark**

Comment

Ive never seen a TM P226 slide break, they're probably one of TMs most durable designs, only second to the 1911. WE mags should be fine.

Comment

I'll just add to this a little. I have both the TM and WE P226's, I have 3 TM mags and 2 WE mags... We had a blindingly hot day and I used a WE mag in the TM Sig and it worked really well. It cycled faster than I've ever seen before and was firing at around 330fps. The TM Sig didn't explode but that's not to say yours won't. I use green gas as standard.

The WE and TM mags seem to be slightly different when it comes to sizing, the TM mags are tight in the WE pistol but they fit. They seem to seal well and leaks tend to be fixed by tightening the screw on the bottom.

Would I suggest running a TM P226 on WE mags in the summer? Probably not. I do it because my TM Sig cost me £25 with 2 mags and it's one of the first ones that was sold in this country. If it breaks then I'm not going to lose much sleep over it. Besides, I'd use the WE more often then
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sadistichobo Find out more about sadistichobo
                Working...
                X