Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

(Response needed) Lipo Balancer charging over voltage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Response needed) Lipo Balancer charging over voltage?

I am personally new to using lipo's therefore this may be a stupid question but I have just got myself an second hand lipo and an imax b6 balancer. All the right specifications of the lipo have been dialed in correctly on the 'Balancer' mode however why when I initially entered 11.1v lipo is it charging well over that, as per pic!?? Am I doing something wrong or is it meant to do that?
    Cheers!
    Attached Files

Re: (Response needed) Lipo Balancer charging over voltage?

All batteries do that mate. I can't remember the specifics as to why, but if I remember why I'll post back.
    The important thing is, when it says the battery is charged, check all 3 cells read the same voltage...scan through the functions on the charger and it will tell you this. A 7.4v lipo charges to 8.4v, so it's completely normal.

Comment

A fully charged lipo cell should be about 4.2v. The figure they use to get to the pack being 11.1v is the nominal value for a cell (3.7v) multiplied by three. It however is simply a naming thing as opposed to the maximum voltage the pack should be at. The B6 should stop charging when your battery gets to about 12.6v and if you're on the 'balance' mode then it should have got all 3 cells to 4.2v.

Comment

That's how chargers work mate. You have to put a voltage across the cells in excess of what the cells would provide so that power is dumped into the battery.
        Upcoming Games:
        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
        Working...
        X