Sightmark vs WE Tech sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sightmark vs WE Tech sights

Looked on a website the other day to see some WE Tech sights new in stock. Gave them a look and they seemed alright. I've had some sightmark sights bookmarked for a while which I'm planning to put on GBBR's but I like the look of the Aimpoint Micro styled and Eotech styled sights by WE. Funnily enough, I've had a few sights break on my GHK G5 and that's why I was looking at sightmark since they're made for .22 and upwards I believe, never came across them with my real steel since I usually use telescopic sights. Anyone who owns a WE Tech sight care to tell because the last EOTech sight I bought was like a mirror when you looked through it and I really don't want to be shelling £70 on a useless sight.

Much Appreciated

Re: Sightmark vs WE Tech sights

These sights aren't going to be made by WE any more than they're 'made' by G&G, G&P or any of the other branded sights. They're going to be churned out of the same Chinese factories as they always have been; it's only the names on the boxes that differ. The same - Chinese-made low-quality sights - I imagine will be true of Sightmark, but if they're making them to semi-original designs they don't have to try and disguise what they can make as something they can't.

The G5's relatively stiff recoil will turn most airsoft sights inside out within a few thousand rounds; if you want something that's going to last, either shell out for a second-hand version of the real thing (as little as £150 for an old but real Aimpoint, maybe £250 for a real EoTech) or buy a less prestigious, but still intended for RS use, sight. Remember, the up-front cost of a genuine sight will be high, but it's resale value will far outstrip a clone's, which becomes more or less worthless as soon as you open the box.

Comment

Yeah, I have looked into EOTechs and aimpoints etc in the past but the price has been way too high. The genuine sightmark style sights that I have seen are reviewed in a positive light and seem to fit my budget. Saying this, would you be yay or nay?

Comment

I'm currently trying to find sellers on ebay that will ship them to the UK as none of the amazon shops seem willing.
        Look like really decent sights with the pro versions even standing up to point blank BB torture tests (check youtube although they don't say what fps)
        Will be getting one in the next few weeks and will post a review when it arrives.
        See no point in spending £100+ on a decent eotech clone that won't stand up to my GBBR.
        Have also recently invested in the heavy bolt+carrier as well as the angry gun recoil kit. Adding a HPA conversion on top of that and I really need a robust sight.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive seen the newer models take BB's without shattering across youtube. £100 for a sight that holds up will be good as I'm aiming to use them for RS .22 as well. I know what you mean about the increased recoil as well. It was a case of about 5 shots with the chinese clones and then just flickering to dead.

Comment

The Hurricane Eotechs easily hold up with GBB'rs.

Comment

Yikes, was more worried about them not holding zero but like you say - killing it outright is a distinct possibility and really would be waste

Comment

Hurricanes are still just red dot sights. Why would you go for an imitation over the genuine article if they're the same price?

Comment

My last eotech was not a hurricane but a cheaper one, it was like looking through a mirror on the back. Are the hurricanes like this?

Comment

No, from what I understand from reviews they are considered to be one of the best clones out there with minimal parallax, good brightness and decent build quality. If you are looking for an eotech replica because you want the look but also want it to perform then they're the way to go. I just want a sight that works - not fussed about style.

Comment

I agree with you on your last point. The only thing that bothers me about the eotechs in my own personal opinion is that the hood and frame blocks a lot of FOV when aiming. But yet, I will still probably invest in a RS sight as it will last years and probably won't need replacing for a while, and like I mentioned I can interchange between airsoft and RS.

Comment

Buy a second hand eotech you can pick up 512's for sub £200 and Vortex optics are worth considering as are primary arms red dots.

Comment

I'd been looking at the Vortex SPARC, seems like a good T1 type sight.

Comment

It is compatible with all T1 mounts and it has the same functions but without the £600 pricetag

Comment

Originally posted by Polarblair View Post
                              Hurricanes are still just red dot sights. Why would you go for an imitation over the genuine article if they're the same price?

I got two of them for £110 posted. Used yes, but not a bad price if you ask me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X