Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any point...

In getting a named aimpoint mount?

I guess my question is, are the cheap aimpoint mounts any good? (I'm looking at the cantilever type ones)

I need a mount as I use a mask and can't use the aimpoint as it's too low at the moment..

Re: Is there any point...

Some of the cheaper chinasoft ones have a little bit of play on them so they aren't as solid on the mount as a real steel. But you only get what you pay for.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Should be ok mate. As long as it fits what you're sticking it on (ie 20mm RIS). If there is any play, a small bit of rolled up electrical tape usually does the job :D
      Originally posted by The Laughing Man
      Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

They'll do the job but will probably be made out of monkey metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
          Should be ok mate. As long as it fits what you're sticking it on (ie 20mm RIS). If there is any play, a small bit of rolled up electrical tape usually does the job :D
          I second the electrical tape idea. As for monkey metal, I wouldn't worry about it. the price difference to a real-steel mount is large, so even if you were in the habit of dropping your beloved AEG onto concrete-like surfaces or banging it into doorways on a regular basis, you could always spend some of that money saved on another monkey metal mount, if you get my drift...

Comment

well i have a clone canteliever mount for my aimpoint. it is very solid, full metal. i cant see it breaking any time soon. hope that helps.
            I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

I guess the point is, the cheaper one might break or a thread might strip when you least want it too...

Comment

it is hit and miss with RS mounts as even more with QD mounts as airsoft rails are way off and no two are the same and a aimpoint mount can cost you £80 my ARMS M2 & T1 mount doesnt fit 3 of my guns.

but if you really what one try to get a LaRue QD mount you can adjust them a bit not that much tho.
                Sale
                Stuff for sale
                Want
                M93R stock, G&G M93R compensator, G&P URX II mid rail system

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                  I guess the point is, the cheaper one might break or a thread might strip when you least want it too...
                  I seriously doubt the mount would break, but stripping threads is a much more likely risk.

I decided I wanted to be able to look down the iron sights of my MP5, while it has a clone aimpoint on it. Even with decent tools, it still took about an hour to grind the necessary slot into the clone cantilever, so they can't be too badly made.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, what I'm saying is, if it's cheap, it's probably cheap for a reason... You probably don't need to get a real steel one, but the cheapest you can find probably isn't up to much.

Comment

You can get name airsoft brand ones for reasonable amounts, ie £10 for a pair of classic army scope mounts, that seems a reasonable price and it is a trusted manufacturer. I know its not the mount you were after but with a bit of google magic you could find what you are after for a reasonable price.

Comment

Cheers for all the help guys, think i'll go with a cheaper one and see how it goes.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MR123 Find out more about MR123
                        Working...
                        X