A bag to carry it all in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bag to carry it all in

So I've been into airsoft for a few months now and as time goes on I find myself needing more and more pouches and pockets during the game for my toys so the stuff I'm leaving the house with seems to be getting bulkier every game day.

At the moment I'm using a cheap rifle bag that can be mistaken for a guitar bag, it's carrying my side arm, M4 and MP5K (and will hopefully handle my tri-shot too, it's not left the boot of my car yet...), I'm fine with that, but I also have a pretty big backpack that's now near bursting point and a vest/plate carrier which I carry separately.

I've had a bit of a look around, but I'm hoping someone can recommend a holdall that can carry a vest, belt kit with thigh rig, gas, BBs, spare mags, speed loaders, the odd spare pouch, mesh mask with ear protection, goggles with a bit of space to spare, I'm hoping to stay under £100, but I don't mind spending more if it's decent quality.

Re: A bag to carry it all in

I was in a very similar situation to you a few months ago.. kept obtaining new bits of gear and kit which I had no space for.

The first thing I'd say, is lay everything out in a room somewhere.. and actually think about what you need to take. I ended up cutting down from a massive holdall, to a small 5.11 MOAB 10, Plate Carrier & Gun Case. I only take what I need with me, and a toolkit just incase but I used to take everything and the kitchen sink; which isn't necessary at all.

So, that's what I'd advise first off.. have a sort out, decide what you need to take with you.. then re-approach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirow View Post
      At the moment I'm using a cheap rifle bag that can be mistaken for a guitar bag, it's carrying my side arm, M4 and MP5K (and will hopefully handle my tri-shot too, it's not left the boot of my car yet...)
      By this do you mean that you store your rifs in the boot of your car? Or that you haven't used your shotgun at an event yet?
      For Sale
      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

They're nothing gucci, but you can pick up the issued holdall/deployment bag for £15-25 on certain auction sites and I'd say one of those ought to hold everything you've listed without breaking a sweat. Mine's been all over the place since I got it 7 years ago and it's showing no signs of failing at all, one of the few things I've been issued that I actually like.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I use a London bridge trading deployment bag, its massive, on wheels, holds everything, they come up on sale alot, but shipping is expensive, however, $50-$100 on the bag and $150 on shipping might make you think "OMG" but its a bag for life, and no matter how much gear you get, youll never need anything else. Just google, LBT Deployment bag, heres a vid/review.
          its the LBT-2467A/B your looking for .
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvShurvnZzA
          Instagram = No1jimmypie https://instagram.com/no1jimmypie/

Comment

I'm looking a getting an m249 bag to carry my MK46 of course but also it can carry upto 3 rifles ( I take 2 in case one fails) plus it will carry other stuff too ie mags, acog+552 sight etc.
            Rifle bag I use at mo just not up to par have to use a holdal as well .

sigpic
            OHHH BEHAVE!!
            GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
            YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
              I was in a very similar situation to you a few months ago.. kept obtaining new bits of gear and kit which I had no space for.

The first thing I'd say, is lay everything out in a room somewhere.. and actually think about what you need to take. I ended up cutting down from a massive holdall, to a small 5.11 MOAB 10, Plate Carrier & Gun Case. I only take what I need with me, and a toolkit just incase but I used to take everything and the kitchen sink; which isn't necessary at all.

So, that's what I'd advise first off.. have a sort out, decide what you need to take with you.. then re-approach it.
              That's actually what I was doing prior to posting this thread, it's more the bulk of everything that's the issue, other than the bags, spare ammo (gas, BBs and shotgun primers), a spare set of goggles and my spare RIF everything I take with me goes into play.

Originally posted by Vex View Post
              By this do you mean that you store your rifs in the boot of your car? Or that you haven't used your shotgun at an event yet?
              No, sorry, I got it delivered to the office yesterday, my next game's tomorrow and it's still wrapped in the couriers bag.

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
              They're nothing gucci, but you can pick up the issued holdall/deployment bag for £15-25 on certain auction sites and I'd say one of those ought to hold everything you've listed without breaking a sweat. Mine's been all over the place since I got it 7 years ago and it's showing no signs of failing at all, one of the few things I've been issued that I actually like.
              Thanks, I'll give them a search.
              Originally posted by jimmypie View Post
              I use a London bridge trading deployment bag, its massive, on wheels, holds everything, they come up on sale alot, but shipping is expensive, however, - on the bag and on shipping might make you think "OMG" but its a bag for life, and no matter how much gear you get, youll never need anything else. Just google, LBT Deployment bag, heres a vid/review.
              its the LBT-2467A/B your looking for .
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvShurvnZzA
              I've been eyeing up LBT for a few years now, the shipping's always the killer for me I'm afraid. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the bag + shipping it's the fact that the courier company will want to charge you an admin fee for the tax and duty that HMRC pile on top of everything (usually taking the P&P into account on this too). I'm on my second TAD Gear FAST Pack, they're built to last and I love it, but if something does go wrong it's almost cheaper buying a new one than returning it to San Francisco.

Originally posted by dazzer106 View Post
              I'm looking a getting an m249 bag to carry my MK46 of course but also it can carry upto 3 rifles ( I take 2 in case one fails) plus it will carry other stuff too ie mags, acog+552 sight etc.
              Rifle bag I use at mo just not up to par have to use a holdal as well .
              The M249 bag looks like a good bet, it looks like I could probably squeeze my M4, shotgun and plate carrier in there with maybe a little room to spare.

Comment

That's ok then

Show us a list of everything you take? Sounds like you just taking more than you need. I have my gun case, my vest which has everything in it already and a 30L rucksack which has BB's, gas, clothing, goggles, mask & toolkit.
                For Sale

Comment

Here's what will be going with me to tomorrows (CQB) game, I've decided the MP5K will stay home as it was taking up too much space and I've got the Tri-shot now;
                  • M4
                  • Five-seveN
                  • Tri-Shot
                  • 5 * M4 Midcaps and 3 * Hi-Caps (the hi-caps will stay home once I'm used to playing with midcaps)
                  • 3 * Pistol sized speed loaders
                  • Plate carrier with M4 mag pouches and shotgun shell pouch
                  • Belt with dump pouch, utility pouch, pistol mag pouch, 2 * BFGs in pouches, some spare BFG pins and admin pouch for shotgun primers and random bits 'n' pieces
                  • Thigh rig with SERPA holster
                  • 1 * Bottle of 3000 BBs
                  • 1 * Can of gas
                  • 1 * Defogger for goggles
                  • ESS V12 Advancer Goggles
                  • Random 3M ANSI rated sun glasses style safety specs
                  • Lower mesh face protection that covers ears
                  • Baseball cap (got tired of explaining holes in my forehead to customers!)
                  • Gloves
                  • Shotgun primers
                  • 1 set of spare batteries for EOTech knock off and 1 set of spare batteries for weapon light.
                  • Swiss army knife (I have a decent set of screw drivers etc. in my car for work anyway)

I'm pretty sure that's it, but the bulk of the thigh rig, belt kit and mesh lower face protection don't leave much room in my 31 litre backpack.

Comment

M4
                    Five-seveN
                    Tri-Shot
                    5 * M4 Midcaps and 3 * Hi-Caps (the hi-caps will stay home once I'm used to playing with midcaps) Put these in your vest ready
                    3 * Pistol sized speed loaders You only need 1 of these
                    Plate carrier with M4 mag pouches and shotgun shell pouch
                    Belt with dump pouch, utility pouch, pistol mag pouch, 2 * BFGs in pouches, some spare BFG pins and admin pouch for shotgun primers and random bits 'n' pieces
                    Thigh rig with SERPA holster Could this be strapped on the outside of you bag?
                    1 * Bottle of 3000 BBs
                    1 * Can of gas
                    1 * Defogger for goggles
                    ESS V12 Advancer Goggles Gun bag?
                    Random 3M ANSI rated sun glasses style safety specs Leave these in your car
                    Lower mesh face protection that covers ears Could this be strapped on the outside of you bag?
                    Baseball cap (got tired of explaining holes in my forehead to customers!)
                    Gloves
                    Shotgun primers Utility pouch
                    1 set of spare batteries for EOTech knock off and 1 set of spare batteries for weapon light. Gun bag
                    Swiss army knife (I have a decent set of screw drivers etc. in my car for work anyway) Utility pouch

I'm supprised you can't fit all of this into your rucksack, the belt & thigh set up probably takes up most of the room. I carry a knee pad and just attach it to the molle loops on the outside of my bag and attach my mask to the bag handle with the mask strap.
                    For Sale

Comment

i shouldnt really contribute here as i use a suitcase sized peli case lol.... although my mate liked the idea of how i use the peli and now uses an actual roll along suitcase
                      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

I used to take way too much, spares just in case, but look back at when you've actually needed all that extra stuff and its likely never.
                        For Sale

Comment

I used to take way too much, spares just in case, but look back at when you've actually needed all that extra stuff and its likely never.
                          Unfortunately I think some of that's just who I am, in both my personal and professional life I'd rather be over equipped than unprepared, at my first game at my now regular site someone asked me if I brought a torch, I hadn't brought one for airsoft, but I did have a Surefire G2 in my car anyway (it turns out surefires and plastic BBs don't mix... Unfortunately it was my E2E that discovered that not the G2).

Comment

I'm supprised you can't fit all of this into your rucksack, the belt & thigh set up probably takes up most of the room. I carry a knee pad and just attach it to the molle loops on the outside of my bag and attach my mask to the bag handle with the mask strap.
                            Missed this bit as it looked too much like your sig , but yeah, the belt kit takes up the bulk of the room, the mesh mask is now hanging off my gun bag which helps, but the thigh rig is too obviously a holster so I'd rather not have that visible.

In an ideal world I'd have two bags, the gun bag and a bag for everything else so I wouldn't have to walk to and from my car with my plate carrier visible... I'm just a little paranoid about the walk to and from my car especially when I can't get parked near the front door as out of context most of the stuff screams nutter (and let's face it the majority of the public haven't heard of airsoft).

Comment

Originally posted by Pirow View Post
                              Missed this bit as it looked too much like your sig , but yeah, the belt kit takes up the bulk of the room, the mesh mask is now hanging off my gun bag which helps, but the thigh rig is too obviously a holster so I'd rather not have that visible.

In an ideal world I'd have two bags, the gun bag and a bag for everything else so I wouldn't have to walk to and from my car with my plate carrier visible... I'm just a little paranoid about the walk to and from my car especially when I can't get parked near the front door as out of context most of the stuff screams nutter (and let's face it the majority of the public haven't heard of airsoft).
                              If thats the case then your probably better off getting a deployment bag like others have suggested. Can get them cheap too.
                              For Sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pirow Find out more about Pirow
                              Working...
                              X