Thoughts on KJ Works GBB G23?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on KJ Works GBB G23?

I am thinking about getting this: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1882 , and I am wondering if it is worth getting as a first gun? Also, what else should I get as well as I am new to airsoft (Mask, gas etc.)? Thanks!
    Haha..people think I leave the house..foolz

Re: Thoughts on KJ Works GBB G23?

As a first gun altogether or a first pistol?

I have a KJW P226 and its a pretty decent gun though a little poor in winter. Vents gas etc. Probably could do with being run on propane i guess.

Do you require full face protection or just goggles? I go with goggles and wear a mouth guard whenever i deem it necessary.
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
      As a first gun altogether or a first pistol?

I have a KJW P226 and its a pretty decent gun though a little poor in winter. Vents gas etc. Probably could do with being run on propane i guess.

Do you require full face protection or just goggles? I go with goggles and wear a mouth guard whenever i deem it necessary.
      Thanks for the reply,

it would be as a first gun, and I would only require an eye mask (for now)

Comment

They're ok. Not great, quite basic construction (plastic is a bit shiny) but reliable enough and upgradable with TV Glock parts.

Comment

For a first gun I'd not get a pistol. Limited range and ammo compared to an AEG. Of course if you're determined to get a pistol as a first gun then that's up to you.

Also gas pistols require more maintenance than an AEG.

For eye pro, I'd recommend the made by Heroshark (a member on here). Do not get cheap eye protection!
          Upcoming Games:
          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I have one, and it was my first proper gun.
            As a pistol, it's decent enough. gas efficiency can be a bit poor, especially in winter. But doesn't seem to be any worse than any other metal slide pistol running non-CO2.

I've had a few issues with mine. the frame cracked when it got dropped on concrete due to a poor holster. But spares can be easily purchased from KJ themselves, at reasonable prices. And the Valve knocker broke, I went for an aftermarket steel replacement, didn't cost much either.

Compared to the other stuff in the same sort of price bracket (WE, I'm looking at you) they seem to be a good bet, although how the newer WE stuff matches up remains to be seen (they've certainly come on in leaps and bounds in recent years).

That being said, if I went back knowing what I now know, I'd have gotten an AEG first, and then gotten a gas pistol later.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I would say first worry about getting a defence to buy, eye pro and gear and then what gun you want.

Plus if you are planning to play pistols only you are looking at the wrong end of the spectrum to start with. A KJ pistol is good to stuff a holster with and blat a few rounds off from when needed but in reality it is not the best for actually full blown use all the time. If this is just a back up to another gun though then that would be better use for it.

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. What would you reccomend as a first pistol then?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Comment

if you are going to start airsofting you really need to have a rifle like the cm16 carbine fires well looks good and cheap. kj are not that good of a make if you are going to go for pistols i would go for the TM one's or if they are a little bit expensive go to the WE versions you could also go for a clone of the TM glock the Guarder version
                  GZW Regulars
                  Looking for PSG-1
                  Or MTP Plate carrier (6094)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CaptainJelly Find out more about CaptainJelly
                  Working...
                  X