Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Which BB weight for a 450+- FPS upgraded Boltie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which BB weight for a 450+- FPS upgraded Boltie?

Hey all.

Looking at getting more suitable BBs for my vsr, and find myself drowned in choice.

I've managed to narrow it down to 3 though, the maruzen .29 super grand master, the madbull .36, and the madbull .40. Which would be most suitable? I'm thinking the .36? Imagine the other two would be either too light or too heavy?

Just need a more experienced opinion really!

Re: Which BB weight for a 450+- FPS upgraded Boltie?

But it depends on your hop... Did you get a Type B Dangerwerx in the end?
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

I have a couple lying about but not installed. At the mo I'm running a TM precision hop up chamber with the brass barrel. The aftermarket one, not the one that comes with the gun originally.

Comment

Here is a graph I find useful when I am stuck with what weight bb to use:
        INDEPENDENT CHART.jpg
        muzzy -
        "....Who really wants to race around like 5 year old hyped out on smarties with his AEG on full auto spraying everything that moves. Where is the skill in that?"

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
          I have a couple lying about but not installed. At the mo I'm running a TM precision hop up chamber with the brass barrel. The aftermarket one, not the one that comes with the gun originally.
          I've not used that, does it have fang toothed hop arm or a 'bar'?

You may have to use .3 if it's fanged tooth, my VSR struggled to lift .36 with fang toothed hop arm.

But if your hop arm can lift them, or you have a Dangerwerx Type B get it installed and go for .4s ;-)
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

It'll run perfectly on 0.3g if the hop unit is stock e.g. no upgraded hop arm, biro mod.

My tm vsr shoots at 480fps and runs best on 0.3g bb's, provides just the right amount of accuracy.

Like Trouble said you will need to install an upgraded hop arm if you want to run heavier. My tm vsr can only hop 0.3g at the most but have never felt the need to use heavier bbs

Comment

Blasters .28 or blaster devil .3. best bang for buck in my limited experience
              -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
              -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                It'll run perfectly on 0.3g if the hop unit is stock e.g. no upgraded hop arm, biro mod.

My tm vsr shoots at 480fps and runs best on 0.3g bb's, provides just the right amount of accuracy.

Like Trouble said you will need to install an upgraded hop arm if you want to run heavier. My tm vsr can only hop 0.3g at the most but have never felt the need to use heavier bbs
                There's something to be said for using .3s over .42. You may not get quite the same long range accuracy or consistency but the BB gets there quicker, so easier to hit targets that are ducking in and out of cover. Also they are white and easier to see the flight path...

Comment

Cheers guys!

So .42 if I install the dangerwerx hop arm. .3 if I don't. .36 isn't suitable then! If I keep the hop stock, would my best bet for BBs be the maruzen super grand master? Heard excellent things about them. They're .29g.

Is there a particularly big difference between .30 and .42? Are we looking better accuracy but less range with the .42?

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                    Cheers guys!

So .42 if I install the dangerwerx hop arm. .3 if I don't. .36 isn't suitable then! If I keep the hop stock, would my best bet for BBs be the maruzen super grand master? Heard excellent things about them. They're .29g.

Is there a particularly big difference between .30 and .42? Are we looking better accuracy but less range with the .42?
                    More accuracy, consistency + more range with .42 (assuming quality of the BB is the same). But slower. It'll still be motoring at 330 FPS I imagine, .3s nearer to 380 I guess if you are shooting 450 on .2s? (very guesstimating here).

We're probably not talking huge differences here, maybe 10 meters more accuracy on the heavier BBs, it's hard to say? But you certainly see/feel the difference.

If you have the Type B arm I'd say wack it in, get some .4 tan Kings Arms BBs, I've just been using them this weekend, very impressed. I usually use .42 guarder blacks. Nice to be able to clearly see the flight of the BBs every time, I've not had that all summer!

Comment

Hmm okay then! May have a look at some vids and put the hop arm in. Hop doesn't look too difficult to disassemble! Tan BBs do appeal as I want to be able to see where they're going. Black or green are frustrating when dialling the hop in!

Comment

VSRs are easy to take apart, hops are so simple, hard to go wrong, really.

While you have it open you may as well teflon tape the hop rubber as well, or better still dental floss it. If I do neither I lose maybe 20-25 FPS, teflon tape I'm up to 480-485, a good dental floss tie and I'm just shy of 500. Teflon taping is well worth it, dental floss can be fiddly...

Comment

Hmm okay cheers bud. Precision chamber, dangerwerx hop arm, Teflon taped hop rubber and a firefly rubber if I can find one should give nice results!

The dangerwerx arm I have is the b type. Is this the good one?

- - - Updated - - -

Only tan .40 bbs I can find in stock in the UK are blaster devil. Any good?

Comment

for me i would go .36 nice and easy to use with no sway
                            GZW Regulars
                            Looking for PSG-1
                            Or MTP Plate carrier (6094)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                            Working...
                            X