Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Half Mask

Lol, yeah I do rave about them to anybody who will listen :D

That mask and my mesh goggles (Bitter End... but Heroshark does some too) are the best two things I've brought by a mile. Being able to poke my head up under fire without getting a face full of BB's and not steaming up all day. More fun than any upgrades!

I've brought 3 masks to date

Comment

well, will be a while until i get the mask due to needing to sell my ris
      the oakley goggles i have obviously have normal perspex lenses, but they used to have a foam area on the top and around the goggle frame, but unfortunately this has worn out. so would need to be meshed
      i like the idea of joining the two together though, if it is possible? (btw, the oakleyys i have also have no foam padding, but can do that before i send them.. or if possible, you could fit it with something more.. breathable?
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

dont get shot, then you wont need a mask..

the marui mask with the built in fan would be my advice for newbies

i run shooting glasses, once again see start of post

im a firm believer that there has to be a fear factor too airsoft if there isnt then its just guys shooting each other putting them selves in situations no one in the real world would put them selves in. i prefer to think of it as a simulation and an experience and the fear helps me be smarter.

(steps down off his soapbox)

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
          dont get shot, then you wont need a mask..

the marui mask with the built in fan would be my advice for newbies

i run shooting glasses, once again see start of post

im a firm believer that there has to be a fear factor too airsoft if there isnt then its just guys shooting each other putting them selves in situations no one in the real world would put them selves in. i prefer to think of it as a simulation and an experience and the fear helps me be smarter.

(steps down off his soapbox)
          Call me vain ,but I preffer not getting welts on my face. Or having my teeth shot out, ugly and expensive .Or risk having my eye shot through the gap around non-sealed eyeware .No matter how good a player you are, the chances are you will be shot in the face. The fear will not protect you ,nor will it the countless shooting glasses wearing players who put them selves in situations no one in the real world would put them selves in .Your entitled not to give a monkeys ,but that doesn't mean everybody else should.

(backflips off his soapbox...And does the moon walk :D )

Comment

how is it not giving a monkeys ? i care a great deal about eye protection and saftey at the gaming site, and i understand you have some products to sell, but the truth is how many people play with shooting glasses and how many people have been shoot in the eye! zero.. in my many years ive not seen a tooth knocked out or a wound other than a sprained ankle. ive seen some nice welts sure but usually its people abusing 20m engagdement rules.

I gave an opinion on what ive seen and felt from personal experience

Yes youll be shot in the face isnt it the point? you completely disregarded my point what if every player had on so much protection, they where so safe that it didnt hurt any more.. no fear, no feeling..

Think about it... some times the greatest moments in airsoft have been simply moving from one position to another, or taking a bunker knowing full well there might be a full auto burst to the face.. but someone has to go in and clear it, you know what, its a scary thought but an exciting one.. and if i was head to toe in armour, padding and mask, id just waltz in there with out a thought and missing the whole point. with out the fear everyone rushes a position, with fear some people hide some people flank some people rush in, they do what there mind and bodys willing to let them do in the situation and everyones different... with out the fear they wouldnt get the true experience..

Just a thought.. nothing more

Comment

umm.. im 14 anyways. so kinda have to have full face. plus i will be playing at cqb areas (ucap, the mall etc) so very fast paced.
              plus, i would always rather be safe. Yeah, i may use full fac.. but whos to say i dont run around only in boxers? ;D considering its coming up to summer.. might try that.. wel, boxers and a cricket cup maybe
              Anyways, off topic abit now dont you think?
              heroShark: is it possible to do a cat hat type thing on a mask when i buy? as i had the vision of storming into battle, with a cat hat, goggles, and a cat mask
              "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                how is it not giving a monkeys ? i care a great deal about eye protection and saftey at the gaming site, and i understand you have some products to sell, but the truth is how many people play with shooting glasses and how many people have been shoot in the eye! zero.. in my many years ive not seen a tooth knocked out or a wound other than a sprained ankle. ive seen some nice welts sure but usually its people abusing 20m engagdement rules.

I gave an opinion on what ive seen and felt from personal experience

Yes youll be shot in the face isnt it the point? you completely disregarded my point what if every player had on so much protection, they where so safe that it didnt hurt any more.. no fear, no feeling..

Think about it... some times the greatest moments in airsoft have been simply moving from one position to another, or taking a bunker knowing full well there might be a full auto burst to the face.. but someone has to go in and clear it, you know what, its a scary thought but an exciting one.. and if i was head to toe in armour, padding and mask, id just waltz in there with out a thought and missing the whole point. with out the fear everyone rushes a position, with fear some people hide some people flank some people rush in, they do what there mind and bodys willing to let them do in the situation and everyones different... with out the fear they wouldnt get the true experience..

Just a thought.. nothing more
                Yeah I sell masks ,but tbh I was thinking of quitting. I have such little time left at the end of the day it isn't worth it .As Ive said before. I'd preffer if people had a go at making there own masks ,Theres an extensive guide to what I do on arnies .Anyhow masks don't stop you feeling hits. In 10 years playing I've seen 5 eyes been hit due to shooting specs some resulting in permenent dammage to vision ,and 8 teeth shot out. All these incidents were a mix of woodland & cqb. Not to mention the similar incidents I read about on forums .I spoke to an F&O marshal the other day he said they've had 12 teeth out so far this year. If you cared for your safety you would not chance it. In my eyes that is not giving a monkeys .....No?

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
                umm.. im 14 anyways. so kinda have to have full face. plus i will be playing at cqb areas (ucap, the mall etc) so very fast paced.
                plus, i would always rather be safe. Yeah, i may use full fac.. but whos to say i dont run around only in boxers? ;D considering its coming up to summer.. might try that.. wel, boxers and a cricket cup maybe
                Anyways, off topic abit now dont you think?
                heroShark: is it possible to do a cat hat type thing on a mask when i buy? as i had the vision of storming into battle, with a cat hat, goggles, and a cat mask
                This young man doesn't even have a choice. I'm sure I could help .Step into my office [email protected]
                Last edited by heroshark; 19 March, 2010, 19:38.

Comment

Thanks hero! and email has been added.
                  as i said, will be a while yet so can finally make my mind up about a design.. :S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                  Working...
                  X