Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Right Gun For Me?

Hi guys,

I want to start airsofting and at the moment only have spring pistols, because I'm not sure which will be the right starter gun for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Francis

Re: The Right Gun For Me?

Well....

You've not given us much to go on?!

The best place to start is an AEG. Unless you are loaded, I'd suggest one of the clone makes. Then you can experiment a bit, then possibly buy something later.

The most popular guns are the M16, M4, MP5, AK47, SA80 and G36.

For a good starter, and middle ground, I'd suggest the MP5, G36 or SA80. All a nice size, good for woodland or urban.

For the SA80, the Army Armament L85A1. Around £130-£150. Full metal. Nice gun, although has issue firing on single shot.

For the G36 or MP5, Jing Gong (JG) is a wildly recommended brand. I think they are slightly cheaper than the SA80 if you shop around.

Comment

If you haven't already been airsofting, i strongly recommend going a few times before actually buying any kit. Most, if not all airsoft sights have guns and clothing available for hire.

But to answer your question, i recommend starting simple, so JG comes to mind. Really the type of gun is down to personal preferrence. M4/m16 type of gun is really popular, mp5's are quite popular too. It's what you like really.

Comment

I agree with renting for a few games. It will get you used to the games, give you a chance to look at (and hopefully try) a few other player's guns and, most important of all, get your UKARA registration. That way, not only will you have a better idea of what you want, but you'll also be able to legally buy a RIF rather that having to go 2-tone.

If you're really impatient, then may I suggest a JLS FN2000. They don't have the best of reputations, but a lot of people on the forum either have one, or did, and most like them. Mine's never let me down and best of all, they're cheap to buy 2-tone. Just google 2 tone airsoft!
        sigpic

Comment

It might well be worth going to your local airsoft site and renting for the first couple of games, trying a different style of weapon each time.

While you're there, ask to have a look at other peoples guns - most airsofters would be happy to let you have a look, and maybe fire a few rounds off.

If your short (like me!!) then you might be better off with something small like an MP5, P90 or G3 SAS . I use a Star L85A2 Carbine.

If your a taller player you might want to try a longer gun like the G3 SG1, M14, or even a sniper rifle. There is such a huge range of guns out there, there is something for everyone.

It would help to know what sort of loadout your thinking of wearing as well.

Good luck

GadgetMaster

Darn it - you guys are quick. 3 replys while Mr. FatFingers here was trying to reply

Comment

Ok thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

I have a few friends that are trying to get me to start, I've used there guns but I think your right about renting a gun at a site first, thanks again!

Comment

go for the CYMA AK47 full stock, great gun, good range and ROF and can hold a large battery.

Comment

buying off the forums might not be too bad of an idea as well, as you can get fairly good prices on most items even if they are second hand
                Originally posted by fijitstiks
                they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                Originally posted by N3ADS
                Is this you talking from experience ?..
                Originally posted by fijitstiks
                i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Don't be forgetting UKARA though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Franjdea Find out more about Franjdea
                  Working...