info about ASG Steyr AUG A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info about ASG Steyr AUG A2

I have been looking at this for my first bb gun but there isn't much info/reviews of this gun

I just need some advice on whether to buy it and what it is like compared to other guns in this price range

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6934
    Last edited by miniman40; 22 December, 2013, 21:31. Reason: added link to gun

Re: info about ASG Steyr AUG A2

I'm fairly certain it's a rebrand of the JG or Classic Army Steyr, both solid guns. Come with Version 3 gearboxes so upgrade parts available, very fussy with mid cap magazines, do not buy the King Arms mid caps as they do not feed well with this gun.

Best thing to do is take a test shoot and see what you think.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Thanks very much. Out of those three steyr's which one do you think is the best

Comment

Originally posted by miniman40 View Post
        I have been looking at this for my first bb gun but there isn't much info/reviews of this gun

I just need some advice on whether to buy it and what it is like compared to other guns in this price range

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6934
        bb gun?

They are "Airsoft guns" and not of the "Pro" variety either. I'll assume your prior research of the sport has been carried out with a spurious retailer that purveys Just the type of gun you mention? Steer clear of them.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

As a general rule ASG guns are just a rebrand of other makes, as Olphy said. I own a JG AUG, which is a fine enough performer. Recently I went to a retailer and held a Classic Army, which was clearly a superior build, and also held an 'ASG' which, to be honest, felt flimsy as hell.

I'd personally take a Classic Army over a JG, and I wouldn't take an 'ASG' unless I knew who actually built it.
          102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
            bb gun?

They are "Airsoft guns" and not of the "Pro" variety either. I'll assume your prior research of the sport has been carried out with a spurious retailer that purveys Just the type of gun you mention? Steer clear of them.
            Because we all know pro airsofters shoot bright orange, cheap spring operated guns with naff drum and bass music playing in the background!

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
            As a general rule ASG guns are just a rebrand of other makes, as Olphy said. I own a JG AUG, which is a fine enough performer. Recently I went to a retailer and held a Classic Army, which was clearly a superior build, and also held an 'ASG' which, to be honest, felt flimsy as hell.

I'd personally take a Classic Army over a JG, and I wouldn't take an 'ASG' unless I knew who actually built it.
            I had the ASG AUG A1 too, I think ASG changed their supplier at some point in the proceedings because the ones they had in the shop were a lot better finished than the one I had. The back up iron sight was very poorly cast and completely mishapen, the trademarks I swear were water transfers and rubbed off within a month and the foregrip wobbled like crazy and fell apart so I had to araldite it in place in the end, it offended me so much.

It did perform alright when you binned the Tamiya's though. I do love the AUG though, I've never shouldered a weapon that is so comfortable and so easy to hold one handed.
            - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

miniman40 Find out more about miniman40
            Working...
            X