what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do

I recently purchased a rifle off someone on here but i didnt check feedback like i usually do , the guy had great comms , quick replies , then once i sent my money over communications ceased but he still logged on .

i sent money on the 23rd so im not expected to of shown up if he has sent it but im confused to why he is ignoring me what worries me is i now have read his feedback and his only feedback is bad of which he never sent the purchased item ...

what shall i do

im thinking waiting it out but dont want to not do something i should .
    After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Re: what should i do

start the paypal dispute, if he is genuine is should be a polite kick up the arse, if he's a scammer then there no point waiting to try and get your money back
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Start the paypal dispute immediately.

It is easier to "turn it off" with a resolution than it is to get the ball rolling.

If that doesn't get the desired response then it is fair to say you have been led down the garden path.

In the mean time, try to get an address:
      Google email address
      Google paypal address
      Google any phone numbers
      Put up a lost souls so somebody who knows him could pass on an address

do not mention AIRSOFT, GUN, RIF or anything else like that in comms with paypal
      Contrary to popular belief, they offer ZERO protection for those sorts of purchases in the UK.

If you have gifted money, hang your head in shame. If not, there is a glimmer of hope in getting it back.

If, however, PayPal see you off, you may need to pay a personal visit. One deal on here went sour for me. I researched the guy and got his home address, work address and his Facebook page / access to his family members Facebook pages.

I made it quite clear I would send letters to his boss and his family explaining the situation. The issue was resolved with haste once he knew I was serious about righting the wrongs.

It is not nice, but sometimes the only way. I hope it does not escalate to that level for you.

Comment

so start the dispute now even though it was purchased only on the 23rd

Comment

send a pm to him informing him you intend to begin the dispute process if he does not respond by (pick a day) then if he doesen't resound by that day, dispute away.
          For Sale!
          TM M870 with a load of stuff
          A&K massada sniper spec
          Chronograph
          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

i sent a polite message asking why theres no communication and news on the parcel and if theres any problems / reason for lack of communication and if within 24hrs
            no communication i will start a dispute

Comment

ive gave him his time gonna start the dispute

Comment

wait i opened a dispute but it says i can escalate it further should i do that ?

Comment

Wait.

Paypal will contact the other dude and give him until x to respond.

I don't think you can escalate it immediately anyway and need to wait a certain amount of time.

Comment

If all else fails and you paid on a card through pay-pal. Contact the card provider and start a Visa/MasterCard dispute. They will start a chargeback process and as long as all the documentation is provided by yourself you are more than likely to get a refund.

Comment

"You can escalate to a claim any time within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened. A dispute will automatically close if it isn’t escalated to a claim within 20 days. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim."
                      "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Fuzz head, wondered if you have been getting my PMs about the webbing set you PM'd me to say you would have. Not had contact from you since then and wanted to check you had got my PM with the PayPal details.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fuzzhead Find out more about fuzzhead
                        Working...
                        X