Cheap motor to pull M120 spring???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap motor to pull M120 spring???

Hi guys, I'm looking for a cheap motor (£30-35) to pull an M120 spring because oddly enough my SRC stock torque motor can't seem to pull an M120.
    Need something cheap, yet effective and I'm purchasing off the bay of E.
    And a motor capable of working on a 9.6v 1100 mAh.
    Oh, and I'm using 16:1 gears.
    >This is for a high power build btw not too fussed about RoF
    Last edited by jakeno; 3 January, 2014, 23:39.

Re: Cheap motor to pull M120 spring???

Shs high torque.

End thread.
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Alrighty, I've been having a look at those on the bay, looking for UK sellers.. I can see an SHS motor highspeed for £35 but not sure if that is capable of pulling an m120?
      And I don't think I'm allowed to post links on here?

Comment

You want the high torque not the high speed. Also the best place to buy from would be an airsoft store not wherever you intended to buy it from. If you are set on buying from that place then you could get a G&P M120.
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

I was looking at those but I heard that the SHS are better.
          The sellers I'm looking at have 100% positive feedback and are reputable and are from an actual airsoft store with a website, so it's all good.
          Any other motor suggestions?
          And does anyone have any idea why my SRC motor stock isn't pulling the M120? Is it a lemon or is the low amperage of the battery a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
            You want the high torque not the high speed. Also the best place to buy from would be an airsoft store not wherever you intended to buy it from. If you are set on buying from that place then you could get a G&P M120.
            Why would you get the M120? It's a poor example of a high speed motor

Comment

Unfortunately SHS Hi-torque go in and out of stock often. You may need to import it

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
              The G&P M120 is a high speed motor any way when he clearly needs a hi torque...
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Comment

Theres a UK seller with a few on ebay for £35
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Sorry got mixed up there-don't know why i put the G&P one in.
                  For sale:

-Splitting M4
                  -MP5 Parts
                  -MP7a1
                  -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                    Theres a UK seller with a few on ebay for £35
                    They're all high speeds mate. Not that eBay exists. *oh forgive us might Zero one*
                    Upcoming Games:
                    None

Comment

There are High Torques available, and we are allowed to talk about the bay on here
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Are we not allowed to post any links here?
                        And so it's a no to the G&P one?

Comment

as has been mentioned several time by now we are perfectly fine with saying ebay on here. what you can't do is link to sellers directly (i.e ebay shops)

i can appreciate trying to do this on the cheap, however if you can stretch your budget to about £45-£50 you will be able to get a Titan A2 motor. they are superb, and will pull back a lot more than an m120.
                          For Sale!
                          TM M870 with a load of stuff
                          A&K massada sniper spec
                          Chronograph
                          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

There's another £40 motor available, it's a guarder, but it's high-speed unfortunately.
                            I can see an SRC magnetar for 35 quid on an airsoft site, but still unsure whether that will actually make any difference from my current motor.

Comment

SHS high torque or go balmy and the high speed version, the torque is more recommended but, the SHS motors run on neodymium magnets, this means even the high speed has more torque than many of the standard motors.

I did a comparison and found that the SHS was not only faster but offered more torque than the lonex and titans.
                              The only real way to get bigger numbers is by buying a magnum or ultimate motor, both of which re excruciatingly expensive.

I've just done a google search and found both long and short type high torques in stock in a uk retailer.
                              Type 'SHS motors UK' then scroll down to the first proper retailer, it will show the short type, click back to motors on shop nav and the long type will be there.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeno Find out more about jakeno
                              Working...
                              X