Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

The never ending debate: gbbr vs aeg. Advice required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The never ending debate: gbbr vs aeg. Advice required.

Originally posted by Polarblair View Post

Never heard of this one but that ROF is fantastic. Does it still deal with cool down as well in the cold?
    It does as well in the cold as how good it looks with this toblerone.
    G5 - 3.jpgG5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JFarrow View Post
      It does as well in the cold as how good it looks with this toblerone.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]108307[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]108308[/ATTACH]
      And lets face it - it looks AMAZING with that toblerone :D

Had I known about this when I was looking into which GBBR to buy I would have gone for this over the scar
      Last edited by Polarblair; 24 January, 2014, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
        You're more than welcome to have a crack with my GHK.
        Ah that would be a slightly different kettle of fish. I thought we were talking about metal M4s here. Theres a lot more weight shifting around in one of those.

A G5 might be okay. Although id still class it as an SMG!

Comment

My HK416 works fine in cold weather.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a quick update - Mk1 high cap gas mag worked perfectly but have now built Mk2:

You can check out the build here:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...90#post1280890

Comment

Thanks for sharing your project. Good to see people trying new things and getting them working.

Just a question, what is the advantages to your setup than a Daytonagun setup?

Comment

Not sure about the specifics of the Daytonagun mechanics but this is a lot cheaper for a start.
                Total cost for the magazine:
                • H&K 5.56 mag - £22
                • Lonex Flash mag - £23
                • ICS M4 mag clamp - £15
                • dummy rounds - free from a nice chap on here
                • Feed spring - £7
                • Old AEG barrel - free
                • We gen2 green gas mag - £20 second hand
                • Having the mag tapped including the fitting - £20

Total: £107

Now that is a fair bit of cash but here's the main difference. This will work with any WE open bolt m4 platform like the knights PDW or AR variants (obviously).
                Daytonagun and Polarstar rigs require you to buy a rifle and completely replace the internals. Then if you want to use your HPA tank and reg with a different gun you either have to rebuild the whole RIF to swap over the internals or simply buy a new set.
                Now you do get what you pay for with both those manufacturers. If I had the cash I would buy one. Also you get to keep the milsim aspect in terms of running 30round mags and switching to high caps as you desire. If I wanted to play milsim with my scar running on HPA I would need a whole bunch of mags tapped which would not only be awkward in mag pouches but would mean disconnecting and reconnecting the air line during each mag change - not fun and very expensive.

So the fact that the air line connects straight to the mag is a strong and weak point. Yes, no milsim while running on HPA, but the gun can be completely stock at much lower cost. Then during summer I can ditch the tank altogether and just run my green gas mags which you can't do with either polarstar or daytonagun. This really did take me a day to build and the smile factor of going full auto can't be beaten. Much much louder too :D Anyone looking at going to gas should consider this even if its just for winter. Hell of a lot cheaper than having a winter and summer rifle.

Comment

Thanks for the information there sounds like a good system for a decent price, and if I had a gas in the mag system I would buy one of these without question, thanks for sharing.

Comment

If you like tinkering, gas is easy, and can in some cases add to the enjoyment.
                    If you like semi-auto, and realism, then gas is the way.

If you want to get home and put it away and not think about it until next game day, tm recoil

Comment

Its worth pointing out that working on gas guns is a lot easier than AEG's in the event that something does end up going wrong and the replacement parts are a lot cheaper as you're usually just replacing one small piece rather than lets say - a gearbox full of worn gears.

As far as giving it a clean after use - you really don't have to unless you got it mucky - purists will tell you that you should after every use but it wont stop working just because it hasn't been cleaned in a few weeks. You'll find gas guns are a lot more robust than AEG's when it comes to dirt and moisture.

I strip mine down because its therapeutic and I can commandeer the coffee table and do it in front of the telly while watching Liam Neeson tear through people to get his daughter back.

Check out my latest Mk2 version of my gas mag:

Incidentally selling all my old gas mags:
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...99#post1282299

Really don't think they're going to see enough use now to keep them.

Comment

I think I just cried with jealousy. Put the AEG Hi cap heros to shame Polarblair. Also, RIP headphone users on 100 volume.

Comment

Hopefully rest in peace AEG users :D Nah - that's probably a bit too far. Now just need to save some money to actually shoot the bloody thing!
                          Last game with the Mk1 mag did make it clear though. Just the sound lets you effectively suppress the other team. Only downside is that this thing drinks gas as if I was purging it.
                          Maybe just need to close the naps off completely and have a little less kick. At this rate a 48cl 3000psi bottle lasts half a day. Should point out though - if I was conserving ammo in the same way I used to running low caps it would probably last a few weeks

Sales Thread for some sweet WE M4 open bolt gas mags and other bits:
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...supressor-grip

Comment

Don't know if this has been mentioned but AEGs weigh a bit less than GBBRs. Just for fun put me scar on the scales and she came out at 4.7kg with the dual high cap gas mag (3.9kg without).
                            The genuine article weighs 3.49 by itself and with two fully loaded 30rnd mags ( at 0.42kg each ) it comes in at 4.33kg. but that's without the rail extension and optic. Some AEG's do come very close though with the TM recoil coming in at 3.3kg loaded. Doesn't sound like much of a difference but you would certainly notice an extra kg.

However most people will be carrying round standard mags at 0.35kg a pop. Playing styles and needs will differ but lets say you want to carry around roughly the same ammo capacity as one single high-cap you'll need at least 9 mags which I can tell you from experience is a very noticeable 3.15kg which bring us to a total of 7.05kg. Then add on the extra plate carrier you will most certainly need :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CJC Find out more about CJC
                            Working...
                            X