Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp7

Hi all,

Am looking at getting a mp7, can anyone recommend which make, TM, KWA. And is it worth going gas over electric.
    Thanks for any help

Steve

Re: mp7

Wait for the VFC GBB one, all of the others are not to scale. If you can't wait, GBB is definately the way to go. The TM is very nice and the KWA is no slouch. Magazines are not easy to source for either of them though.

Comment

I'd get the TM. the VFC, while being the only one that's the right size and beautiful externally, suffers from pretty bad cooldown. You'll probably be disappointed with the performance. The KWA is good (I have one) but the TM is better - it has a TM hop unit so range and accuracy are better and I'm pretty sure it works in the cold better too.

Comment

Out of all of them:

Best performer - Tokyo Marui
        Worst performer - WE/VFC
        Best externals - VFC (1:1 scale, all other models bar WE are 80% scale)
        Worst externals - WE (design looks fugly), KWA just slips in here as it's covered in shiny plastic and the controls don't have the nicest feel
        Best internals - TM or KWA (good performer let down by a poor hop up)
        Worst internals - WE (pot metal ahoy!) and VFC
        Best reliability - TM or KWA
        Worst reliability - VFC or WE

So basically the TM is number one for external build and performance however the design is 80% scale compared with the real steel, if that bothers you.

The same can be said for the KWA, which also suffers with inferior external build and hop up performance compared with the TM, but it is the older design and the NS2 gas system is excellent.

The VFC is the newest edition to the market and has excellent external build, IMO better than the Marui due to being 1:1 scale and to VFC's usual high external build standards, the VFC is let down by poor out of the box performance and questionable reliability.

The WE is the MP7 for those on a budget, these are silly cheap to buy new and not the worst performer out of the box, the externals are the most faithful to the real steel on scale dimensions but the design deviates from the MP7 significantly and is not to everyone's taste. Build quality on early models is extemely questionable with miss-feeding and even spare magazines that do not fit in the gun reported! I would wait for WE to get their shit in order (as usual) before considering buying one of these and only if money is an issue.

Hope this helps.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
          I'd get the TM. the VFC, while being the only one that's the right size and beautiful externally, suffers from pretty bad cooldown. You'll probably be disappointed with the performance. The KWA is good (I have one) but the TM is better - it has a TM hop unit so range and accuracy are better and I'm pretty sure it works in the cold better too.
          So we judge a guns performance on the strength of a single users YouTube video now?
          Not to mention that if you actually look at the video of the VFC it appears to be a problem with the release valve and not cooldown as the gas appears to still be flowing after the bolt has been drawn back, so it's no wonder it struggles to empty a mag when it's delivering twice the gas it actually needs to deliver.

But to be fair if its the first foray into GBB MP7s I'd go for either the TM or KWA, purely for their longstanding reputations for quality and reliability.
          Nearly went for a TM MP7 myself until I saw the VFC come to market.

Comment

Nope, people on others forums have them and aren't impressed.

I held and fired one of these the other day. 28C ambient on greengas with 0.2g bbs.

Not impressed, really.

It's lighter than the TM. Noticeably lighter, even fully loaded.

The plastic quality seems cheap to me, especially compared to the wonderful job VFC did with their G36 GBBrs.

The detailing is nice, the trades are nice and the flip up sights are nice. It's also quite nice in the hand, more comfortable than the TM (mainly because I have enormous gorilla hands).

The magazine is bigger than an Mp5 mag, it's quite a chunky monkey. Which is confusing, because the cooldown is awful. Even in a heated shop, about 28C ambient, I could only JUST get an entire mag out in SEMI. Full auto mag dump is just impossible. Even the TM can do a full mag dump on auto.

Also, recoil was eh. The action was sluggish. It also misfed about 5/6 shots on full auto. No misfeeds on semi though.

The biggest single gripe I have about it? It doesn't come with *fruitcage* side rails.

Also it really felt like it was made of cheap plastic. I was really taken aback when I picked it up, because it looks nice and sexy, but it feels like a spring pistol. Magazine out I could make the pistol grip flex by squeezing it between my thumb and forefinger.
            The exterior of this gun is marvelous, as with most VFCs. I will definitely try to keep you guys updated. As of now I would definitely wait for the second generation since it really has cooldown problems and wont work with a lot of different brands of BBs
            So mixed opinions on the externals, unanimous that the cooldown is horrible. I'll pass.

Comment

Wrong thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steveo.26 Find out more about Steveo.26
              Working...
              X