Throat mic or headset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throat mic or headset?

Hi so i don't know weather to get a throat mic or a headset? A friend uses a headset and says the throat mics are not very good, but wanted some more advice.

Re: Throat mic or headset?

throat mic i've played with works well with the radios i had, was more comfy than working a headset round my rig too....

you get what you pay for really, the throat mic was under a tenner, it worked... no more no less
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

i regularly use a cheapie throat mic in work , handy bit of kit . just have to make sure it's sitting in thright place for a good pick up . i have a headset for airsoft and i find it's a lot more clear than the throatie .

Comment

Ive had many Throat mics and ive found they are all shit! Even the the more expensive devgru and Iasus ones arent as good! Problem really is that if the mic moves off your throat the transmission is garbelled..but with a headset you will never have that issue!
        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Use a headset unless you can't such as if it messes with your head gear or something... I have always found them uncomfortable but maybe you get used to it? I use a bowman copy and that is fine with a hat and goggles etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barber_bass Find out more about Barber_bass
          Working...
          X