How to set up scopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set up scopes?

Hi guys, just after abit of advise really, recently got a new 4x acog and want to get it all set up ready for my next game and my process of clamp gun into vice on a bench or table and set up a target at end of the garden, fire, adjust, fire, adjust is so time consuming and i end up spending most of my time shooting at paper rather then my fellow players.
    anyone else out there got a technique thats perhaps abit more efficient? or could reccomend any other ways to do this id be very grateful

Chris

Re: How to set up scopes?

That is the quickest method!!!!

Set up a new target and fire 5 - 10 shots semi auto.
    Walk down to target and mark the MPI (mean point of impact) (the middle of where all the shots fall)
    Dial the optic into the MPI

Remove from vice and reset gun and a new target (or at least mark the old holes)

Repeat the above process.

You should now be able to shoulders the gun and achieve similar results.

I used to do it with my air rifle as it it removed the variable of my body from the equation.

Comment

Get yourself a bore sighter, use that as a guide then fine tune as Loki suggests.
      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

thanks loki least i know im doing it right lol just seemed like alot of faffing about and maybe more veteran players may have better techniques but seems i am doing it right anyways
        thanks buddy

- - - Updated - - -

thanks black templar, thats a good shout, will look into getting one

Comment

It depends. But since airsoft isn't quite the same as real shooting there is a bit of shot dispersion.

I use a rest - a sandbag or bipod will do. Line up with your target and fire several shots. If they are hitting to the right move the point of aim five clicks to left. Keep doing this until either the shots line up or are now landing to the left. If they're now on the left dial it back four clicks to the right, if they're now on the right, three clicks to the left and so forth until they're on the vertical line you want. Do the same for the up and down fall of shot as well.

If you know the exact range you can be a bit more scientific since one click on a scope usually moves the point of aim by 1/4 inch at 100 yards.
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
          It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Yes, get a bore sighter. Very quick and easy to use. Get scope and bore aligned and the rest should be down to fine tuning on the scope and hop.
            sigpic
            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

alias_rm13 Find out more about alias_rm13
            Working...
            X