First gun Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First gun Dilema

Hello! me and my brother have been planning to go on a cqb skirmish somewhere! and I've been looking at 2 guns on 2 websites (I've read the forum rules, no website naming allowed) the Dboys, Scar l CQC and the Dboys RK12, from looking at different threads, people are either going to tell me for us to rent (my brother is 26 so he can get a defense, I'm 14 this year so not yet) or buy a cm16, problem is I don't like M4's, so what are opinions on this?
    many thanks Josh
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle
    "I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"-Anonymous

Re: First gun Dilema

I recommend you rent!

Have you ever played before? If not, what's to say you will like it? The reality of airsoft if very different to the idea and video gaming so it's a big investment for something you might not like enough to do more than once or twice a year. I can't personally comment on either of the guns mentioned as I haven't owned them. At first I didn't like M4's but as they are so popular, getting parts, upgrades, advice etc is much easier, in addition to that, the CM16 raider is fantastic value for money.

Even though your brother is 26 and old enough to get a defence, he needs to attend 3 games in no less than 2 months (means 3 months or more) to get a defence, so he could only buy a 2 tone until then anyway, which generally reduces the resale price, makes them harder to shift on and means you will be running around with a brightly coloured gun until then.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice, and very quickly has the CM16 light (basically a M733 right?) has grown on me

*EDIT* M933, my bad
      Last edited by scarredwarrior; 26 January, 2014, 20:48.
      "I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"-Anonymous

Comment

definitely rent to see if you like airsoft, if so then try and play your 3 games in 2 months and then your brother can get a UKARA and im not sure if this is true or not but once he has his ukara then he can own a gun (non two tone) for you to use at your site, might have to check that one as i am not 100% sure on it. G&G is a good brand for your first airsoft gun aswell.

Comment

It's a maths algorithm, weigh up how many times you are going to hire a gun against the savings on buying a gun of your own, and vice versa.
          The more you play, the more you pay for a hire gun. But the longer the wait, the more experience you gain for the type of gun/play you prefer.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

If you're going to go once a month, definitely rent until big 'ol bro has a defence.

I made the mistake of buying a two-tone before my first skirmish, and now I don't even own it. I think I used it at half a skirmish in the entire time I owned it.

In the times your renting before your brother gets his defence, try a different gun each time, to see what you prefer.

The M4s will surprise you.
            sigpic
            "I are God, lol."

Comment

Thanks, Renting means I'll be able to go a lot quicker, as it saves waiting to buy a gun and get kit ready, problemo 2. any sites near wales? has CQB tactical shut down or something?

Comment

Where abouts in Wales are you, good Sir? I could tell you of a few.

As for the "dilemma", I would agree with the other guys - wait, and rent. Get a feel for the sport, and get a feel for a few different guns. It will pay off.
                TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

Theres a website that shows all the registered airsoft sites in the UK, Google 'airsoft in uk' and it should be the first one. And yeah, like everyone else has said, rent 1 or 2 times then think about your first gun.

Comment

I'm in Pembrokeshire, away from everywhere!

Comment

Also, I am going to buy a Gbb pistol. I like M9s, but I have seen an stti m93r or a kjw m9

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scarredwarrior just one of of the million airsoft newbies Find out more about scarredwarrior
                      Working...
                      X