changing SRC M4 stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing SRC M4 stock

Hi im geting a new stock for my SRC m4 a1 soon, folding stock, i am just wondering how i would go about taking of the old one and replacing it with the folding stock. iv tryed to find info on the net but i just keep coming up with Ebay lol. so any info would be great

thanks.

Re: changing SRC M4 stock

hi one more question would this fit on to the SRC M4?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

Just a suggestion

why not buy something with a folding stock and ris front if thats what you wanted rather than buy something that is different and than change it?

Not having a dig - i did the same but still i dont know why i did it

as for the ris - most are a standard size but you can never be totally sure

and the stock - it should be quite simple - you willneed to get into the stock tube as there is a bolt in there

it could be i philips screwdriver or an allen key needed to undo it

its quitre logical from there

Comment

aha kool cheers. well i could not find or they did not have any M4's in stock with a front grip, so i just went with what they had, ok will order the RIS rail and hope it fit lol if not just re sell it.

and with the stock time to try and find a screw/allen key then lol.

thanks for the help.

Comment

take the sliding stock off first and on the underside of the stock tube there is a tiny screw - undo it and the end of the stock tube will pull off

then look inside

Comment

Ok thanks for the help.

Comment

new question. with the grip. were the motor is housed, do all grips hasve this function of thats were the motor is? as im looking at a difretn hand grip and want to make sure befor i buy it. also how do you go about geting the hand grip of? iv had a look and it seems i got to remove the motor some how.

Comment

on my M4 i remove the 2 screws on the motor base plate and remove. This gives access to the motor, unplug the wires, maring which is which if not already marked as you don't want to put back in reverse. Once the motor is unplugged it should slide out the grip, might need some gentle persuasion possibly. Once its out there are 2 philips head screws holding the grip in, undo those and it should slip off. Take care as the wires are threaded through holes in the base of the grip.

Revers the process and you're back in business. Just take care when rerouting the wires through the grip as it cn be a pain getting the motor back in.

Enjoy

Smiffy
                G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

aha nice one thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

demon Find out more about demon
                  Working...
                  X