Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

A+ Studio Hop Rubber for VSR vs Firefly Hop Rubber for VSR(Hard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A+ Studio Hop Rubber for VSR vs Firefly Hop Rubber for VSR(Hard)

Hey all.

Looking at getting a Well L96 AWS soon and the first thing Ill be doing is switching out the hop rubber.

I've heard great things about both the A+ studio and the Firefly, but which would be the better option for a rifle at 450-470FPS running .32 BBs?

It will be paired with a falcon precision 6.03mm barrel if this makes any difference.

Is the A+ really as revolutionary as its advertised as? Or is it better to stick with the traditional Firefly?

Cheers

Re: A+ Studio Hop Rubber for VSR vs Firefly Hop Rubber for VSR(Hard)

In this weather a stock TM rubber will provide the best results. In nice warm weather the Firefly one is brilliant. The A+ rubber will give you good range, but crap accuracy. They're just a gimmick

Comment

Hmm okay. Wasn't expecting that answer! So a stock TM rubber would be the best for all round use?

Any experience with Falcon hop rubbers? The tightbore I'm buying comes with one.

Comment

I cant fault the stock tm rubbers. Nibe ball are crap IMO. I have a falcon in my KWA MP7 but that's only because the stock ones swell like a sponge.

Maple leaf are meant to be amazing. But never tried them.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Well okay then! Looks like I'm going with a standard TM VSR rubber. Always pictured an aftermarket rubber being better, but I guess TM pixie dust wins out!

Comment

You might have to replace it every 1000 rounds or so. As it will wear quicker with a high fps rifle. Rule of thumb for me is TM in the winter and Firefly Hard in the summer. I find harder rubbers useless in this weather. TM all year round is doable. You'll just need to use a little less hop in warmer weather.

As for the Falcon ones, reports suggest they are good. I've never used one myself though. The A+/Reaps is dog crap. After 30 or so metres the bb's will fly everywhere. Total garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
              You might have to replace it every 1000 rounds or so. As it will wear quicker with a high fps rifle. Rule of thumb for me is TM in the winter and Firefly Hard in the summer. I find harder rubbers useless in this weather. TM all year round is doable. You'll just need to use a little less hop in warmer weather.

As for the Falcon ones, reports suggest they are good. I've never used one myself though. The A+/Reaps is dog crap. After 30 or so metres the bb's will fly everywhere. Total garbage.
              Cheers for the help bud. I'll order the TM rubber, but will probably try the falcon rubber first and compare the results.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
                In this weather a stock TM rubber will provide the best results. In nice warm weather the Firefly one is brilliant. The A+ rubber will give you good range, but crap accuracy. They're just a gimmick
                THANK YOU! I have been doing my nut with my firefly since it got cold, it was amazing in the summer, I was running .28s out of a 340fps aeg. Soon as it got cold I had to drop to .25s and even then it was disappointing, thought it was just me as everyone I talked to was "hmm, the temperature shouldn't have that much effect".

Swapped it out with some cheap thing I had, will make sure to keep hold of it and put it back in when it warms up.

Comment

I have just installed a vsr maple leaf in my tm l96 and even though it isn't any where near bedded in, I am seeing some much improved accuracy.
                  Im using it with a firefly nub and would say that my groupings over 30m have halfed and hopefully that wil only improve with use

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                    I have just installed a vsr maple leaf in my tm l96 and even though it isn't any where near bedded in, I am seeing some much improved accuracy.
                    Im using it with a firefly nub and would say that my groupings over 30m have halfed and hopefully that wil only improve with use
                    Interesting! Let me know how it gets on . Any increase in range?

Comment

I might have stumbled across some tan .40g madbulls. I'll update thread when they arrive. I've ordered 4 tubs for £55 delivered, not from the U.K, but they are within the EU

Comment

I got the AEG maple leaf and it just wouldn't make a good seal with my nozzle. Any tips? I was super excited about it and so it being disappointing was like cancelling Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                          Interesting! Let me know how it gets on . Any increase in range?
                          Range is hugely increased but I have not had chance yet to conduct an accurate test.
                          If I was to hazzard a guess, I would say it is easly reaching out to 60m with madbull 0.4g and maintaining a very flat trajectory where as before I coudnt put enough hop to get it to lift 0.4s and was strugling to lift 0.32s.
                          The rifle is running at 380fps on 0.2s so I would put this result down to a better air seal and longer contact with the hop, how ever I have not taken in to account the nub which I am sure plays a huge part in these results.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                          Working...
                          X