TM or Cybergun FAMAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM or Cybergun FAMAS?

Want to get a FAMAS (for sh*ts and giggles, mainly) but torn between the typically horrendous creaky TM plastic and Cybergun's alledged decent FPS.

Any advice?

Also would consider buying if you have one going....

Re: TM or Cybergun FAMAS?

TM's a roftastic piece of speaky kit, probably the best rental gun ever for cqb. Even has a spring release thing going on.

Never used a Cybergun so cant comment
    SAVE OUR SPORT
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

'speaky'?...

Comment

Squeaky. The thing is made of the first type of plastic TM made, and it creaks alot. Not really noticeable in game, but you are aware of it
        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

The TM one is bloomin beautiful. If you can get over the creakyness, you have a gun with 1000rpm stock, lovely hopup chamber that does the work, and a V1 gearbox, which will run for centuries.

Comment

Is there any way to:

• Get rid of the creak
            • Dull-down the plastic
            • Reduce the ROF (without losing FPS)

What FPS will an M100 spring give with this? - I understand they're really low from stock.

Comment

you got some sort of link that you could pm me to the cybergun version. As i am only aware of the TM version and the Jing Peng version, which was supposed to be a bit naff, sort of on par with JLS.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Is there any way to:

• Get rid of the creak
                • Dull-down the plastic
                • Reduce the ROF (without losing FPS)

What FPS will an M100 spring give with this? - I understand they're really low from stock.

Ive used one for a few games (on my wish list btw people) I didnt find the plastic all that bad, didnt make a sound when i was using it and the plastic quality is less shiny than the plastic on some guns
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by Vladraken View Post
                  you got some sort of link that you could pm me to the cybergun version. As i am only aware of the TM version and the Jing Peng version, which was supposed to be a bit naff, sort of on par with JLS.
                  Loads of reviews on PooTube™

Cheers, might just go for the TM to be safe.

Comment

hmm, been looking at getting a famas myself for a while, I just cant be arsed pissing about cutting up m4 mags for it, and the only famas mags i can find are £20 a pop. then again The gun is only £150 new so not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      Loads of reviews on PooTubeâ„¢

Cheers, might just go for the TM to be safe.

You know how much you love me? get me one too

I want a TM Famas and TM Mk23 socom

wont do an MGS loadout but i just want to stare at the guns
                      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

...mind you; the Cybergun (rebranded Jin Peng, apparently) has a dull finish, doesn't creak and has a lower ROF. I might take a gamble...

Comment

Id say stick with the TM version, cybergun arent really renowned for greatness (apart from the odd occasion)
                          Magazines wise dont know if you can still get the Jing peng versions.
                          I think 1000rpm is actually a good balance really, not to fast but not too slow.
                          For upgrades I had a 110 in mine and that kicked out around 315fps with a range and accuracy that made systema owners cry into their empty wallets.
                          As a side note the TM FAMAS was supposed to use 7.2v radio control car battery packs.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

still some JP ones on vosr just no spare mags though.

Found the m4 mag modding guide as well if your interested.

http://sideshow1.startlogic.com/semp...s-mini-review/

Comment

As has just been said you can mod M4 mags to work in a FAMAS with little work.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                              Working...
                              X