Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good M14 mid cap brand?

Hey all.

Been looking around for some M14 mid caps for my G&P M14(TM clone).

I bought some King Arms mid caps because they were cheap, but as expected theyre complete rubbish. Just don't feed at all.

I don't really want to invest in the Tokyo Marui ones. I'm sure they'll be great but theyre rediculously priced.

That leaves me with the the Cyma, the MAG ones, or the G&P ones. I've read reviews on both the MAG and the G&P, and neither seem to have recieved very good praise. Anyone had any experience with the Cyma?

So are there any brands out there that I'm missing? Or is the TM the only reliable option?

Re: Good M14 mid cap brand?

TM are the best by a long shot. The KA ones are indeed as you say rubbish. I've used the mag ones and they fed ok. You will have to maintain them more than a TM mag though.

As for G&P and CYMA I have no idea I'm afraid. All my CYMA AK mags have been flawless, along with the MP5 dual mags. So it might be worth a shout buying one and seeing how it goes.

Comment

I'd give the strings a stretch and a spray of silicone in the king arms first, see if that gets them working.

They're all just springs in different shaped boxes after all!

Comment

May give the cyma ones a shot. Cheers HuntR.

Is it really that simple Ben? Just give the springs a stretch? If so Ill do that!

Comment

I like the MAG short style M14 magazines. They look excellent (if you like the 10 round look) and feed fine. They still hold 70 BB's in the short type, and I think the regular size ones are 140 or 150.
          Mine are light grey and have a rough textured coat of paint on them.
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
            Is it really that simple Ben? Just give the springs a stretch? If so Ill do that!
            I find it is. Any mags I have that feed slowly, take them apart and stretch the springs, gets them feeding superbly

Comment

Hmm okay bud. I did notice that when shaking the mags, they rattled slightly as if the BBs werent as tight as they should have been, so perhaps stretching the springs will fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found a place that do the G&P M14 mid caps for £15. Are they good?

Comment

Invested in a couple of MAG mid caps. Lets hope they do the job!

Comment

I use the MAG mids in my TM M14. I found that loading more than 100ish rounds caused the spring in the magazine to put too much pressure on the BB when it was in the chamber and it would just spit the BBs a few meters until I had fired a few. But as long as you don't load too many in you should be fine.

Comment

Uh oh, wish I'd found this before ordering a box of the King Arms mags. >.<
                    Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
                      Uh oh, wish I'd found this before ordering a box of the King Arms mags. >.<
                      You may get lucky bud. A couple of mine feed okay...nothing great but then you get what you pay for.

Trick I've found is to only fill them about half full.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                        You may get lucky bud. A couple of mine feed okay...nothing great but then you get what you pay for.

Trick I've found is to only fill them about half full.
                        I'm going to do the same as i did with the KA mids I bought for an M4, dismantle them, lube the feed channel and spring, then load and empty the mags 5-6 times. The m4 ones were flawless after that, maybe the m14's will be as well?
                        Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Do MAG make any?
                          Uksf loadout

TM 417 recoil.
                          Custom built L119A1
                          WE P228

Comment

Originally posted by sean_waller View Post
                            Do MAG make any?
                            They do indeed . Metal 190rnd Mid Caps. I now own 10 of them. Really good quality and they have that great light grey finish that some M14 mags seem to do in real life.

I really want to get hold of some Mag 70rnd M14 short mags...look great.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                            Working...
                            X