Good Quality AK Side Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Quality AK Side Mounts

Hi all, many of you have AK's with side mounts so I was wondering what the thoughts would be on what mount to get. I want one that preferably has a good solid construction, preferably steel and would ultimately fit my GHK AK's. (I don't know if there is different fitments).

I decided I would follow the purists route and not deface the weapon by adding a rail system, but add the classic side mount and add an optic.

Thanks

Re: Good Quality AK Side Mounts

i recently purchased a CYMA side mount for my JG AKs-74u, i had to turn the rail around to stop it hitting the iron sights and it sits to the left a bit but i think it'll do for a reflex sight.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

How is the construction on it? Im primarily looking for a solid mount, as I'm going to be mounting a real steel optic.

Comment

do you mean a top rail that attaches to the side, or the side rail itself?
        IMO, get a Kobra :P
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

A top 20mm that attaches to the point on the left side of the gun. I'm looking at both a Kobra and an Eotech at the minute.

Comment

ah, can't say much to that then, only that if you get a direct side mount kobra, you wont be disappointed!
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

After seeing Olphy's setup, I just couldn't resist.

Comment

its very solid the rail is bolted down with two bolts abd the mount is cast aluminium and the quick release had to be tightend to fit my RIF but when its on tight. i haven't yet put an optic on it yet as i've been preocupied atm but i cant move it when its on so i'd say it'd hold a RS optic

Comment

I'll have a look then, thanks Luke

Comment

i got mine off E-bay l, took a while to arrive but arrive it did :-)

Comment

I got myself a Midwest Industries replica mount.
                      CNC Alloy and it is solid!

Comment

i've never understood why people think that somthing CNC is good, can anyone explain why it is used as a selling point or is it that i don't understand what it stand's for.

Comment

CNC is manufacture under precise computer control I think, so dimensions can be adjusted down to beyond millimetres. Or at least I think.

Comment

Originally posted by JFarrow View Post
                            CNC is manufacture under precise computer control I think, so dimensions can be adjusted down to beyond millimetres. Or at least I think.
                            thats basicaly what i do at work manualy i've had jobs where the tolerence on a hole has been to 0.0001" thats 1 tenth of an inch.

CNC as i was taught is simply a way to control a machine to cut/turn/mill/spark/wire/weld depending on the G code to a set point on the machines axis in a consistant manner. the accuracy part is still down to user error at the draftsman stage/ theprogrammers stage and the operators stage, and then theres tool wear to factor in over time which can be over a matter of hours depending on the tooling and the material and the lubricant used.

and now after typing all this i realise that maybe the reason things are marketed as CNC is to say that its been machined out of a solid billet of material and not cast......

P.S. apoligies to OP for thread jacking BTW i didn't mean to

Comment

It can't be that precise, some of the RA Tech parts I've had have been a woeful fit and often require a file to even fit properly.

Have a look in the Kalashnikov thread, imma get me one of those Midway mounts.

And an AMD-65 hand guard and foregrip if I can ever find one cheap enough.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X