ASG Franchi shotgun question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Franchi shotgun question

So I've decided on a Franchi tri shot which will be purchased in 10 days, but I don't know whether to get the stockless shorty version or the full stock full length M3. I am only 13, not amazingly strong but not the weakest lad. So which one

-Josh
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle
    "I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"-Anonymous

Re: ASG Franchi shotgun question

Originally posted by scarredwarrior View Post
    So I've decided on a Franchi tri shot which will be purchased in 10 days, but I don't know whether to get the stockless shorty version or the full stock full length M3. I am only 13, not amazingly strong but not the weakest lad. So which one
    -Josh

Well, first things first, as an under 18, You shouldn't be buying it.
    But, working on the assumption this is a gift*: A stock is going to make it easier for you to cock, since it gives you something solid to work against. With a pistol grip your only anchor is your other arm, so it's more tiring.
    But, a shorty would be easier for you to handle. The full length is fairly long, and may prove clumsy.

So, if you are using it for back garden plinking, get the full length.
    For actually playing, it's a bit of a trade off.

* A gift does not mean you get your mum/dad/uncle/aunt/older brother/sister to buy it for you, and you pay them back. it means they are giving it to you without any expectation of payment (payment includes you giving them something other than money.)
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

This will be what I call an "end of month treat" anyway, thanks. I think the shorty would be a lot better due to the length. However it would be easier to pump with the stock :/ another thing with the shorty that's drawing me in is that the dangerwerx rail is available for it unlike the long one!
      "I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"-Anonymous

Comment

go for the short length with the full stock
        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Get down to the shop and try. If you are internet buying then you are stuck unless you know someone that has one.
          Personally I like the shorty version. I have the TM version. Keep an eye out for broken/spares. I did and got myself an alternative stock and barrel lengths.
          Tip, do not slam fire these. That is to say, keeping your trigger pulled and cocking. This is a sure way for you to be putting your shotty in the spares/broken column.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Pretty sure the dangerwerx rail works on all of them.
            Also, have you seen the sliding stock model?
            Short barrel like the pistol grip, but a stock that's going to help, even if it's not as rock solid as the fixed. Best of both worlds.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

A nice easy addition is to screw a weaver rail under the foregrip and put a folding grip on there.
              You should find 2 screws under the foregrip, remove these and screw rail on. You will need 2 longer screws and someone who can drill and countersink new holes if necessary in the rail.
              You will then have an L128A1 looky likey.
              sigpic

Comment

True, but dat wobble. you need a 6 inch 4 mm Allen key. which are hard to find. The shorty is definitely appealing to me, maybe what I could do like
                viper scout said, just keep an eye out for broken ones and get all different stocks
                Thanks everyone!

Comment

Copy and paste this link.
                  L128A1...Current British Army shotgun/breaching weapon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nelli_m4_2.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

the 'ASG FRANCHI SAS 12 Tactical Shotgun' doesnt look like an l128a1, cocking handle is in wrong spot, you need to look for a 'Double Eagle Super 90 combat shotgun Adjustable Stock (M56DL) '

but i'd recomend the 'Double Eagle Super 90 combat shotgun (M56A) '
                    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by scarredwarrior View Post
                      This will be what I call an "end of month treat" anyway, thanks. I think the shorty would be a lot better due to the length. However it would be easier to pump with the stock :/ another thing with the shorty that's drawing me in is that the dangerwerx rail is available for it unlike the long one!
                      I put a dangerwerx rail on my short barrel full stock Cybergun M3 (it's a rebranded DE). See my posts on here: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...Shotguns/page2

I tried my shotty out for the first time last weekend and blimey my arm hurts after a little while!

The benefit of the dangerwerx rail is that part of the rail goes into the holes for the screw putting less stress directly through the screws.
                      Upcoming Games:
                      None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                      Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I actually prefer the look of the m56dl to the asg sas 12. Looks nicer!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scarredwarrior just one of of the million airsoft newbies Find out more about scarredwarrior
                        Working...
                        X