Is 144a the right stuff for a TM 5-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 144a the right stuff for a TM 5-7

Tried to search, but since five, seven and gas are all mega common words, it doesn't like it, so I may well have missed something.

Basically, I've got a TM Five-seven on the way, and I know I can't run it on my current gas (Green gas, spesifically Zero one top gas)
    I'm trying to work out what I need to get instead, and Abbey Predator 144a comes up. Is this the right stuff? or do I need to keep looking?
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: Is 144a the right stuff for a TM 5-7

144a would be fine.

Comment

I've heard that Abbey Ultra (aka Z1 Pro Gas) is the best for TM plastic pistols.
      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
        I've heard that Abbey Ultra (aka Z1 Pro Gas) is the best for TM plastic pistols.
        By all accounts the 5-7 isn't quite as robust as the glocks, 1911s etc. running it on high power gasses can cause issues.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Most TM pistols are happy with Pro Gas/ Abbey Ultra, the FN57 is the exception. Supposedly even 144a can harm them in very hot weather, so definitely no higher than that unless very cold. I would recommend a better outer barrel, and permanently attaching the slide rails to the BBU. After that, Green Gas is ok.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
          Working...
          X