magazine problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magazine problem

some of my midcaps started jamming occasionally and it is very annoying in a middle of a firefight. it seems like there is too much space in the mag. any suggestions how to fix this?

thanks in advance

Re: magazine problem

That's midcaps for you :D

Loads of reasons why, and some makes to avoid. That one looks like plastic, so it might have come apart slightly. Which means BB'd jam together, rather than stack. You might be able to fix that with electrical tape wrapped tightly round near the jam. A little silicone might be an idea.

With mids, it's all about maintenance. Not sure if this goes for all MAG midcaps, but the P90 ones you can remove the spring from the bottom, which means they are totally rebuild-able, without fighting a never ending battle with a spring!

Comment

These mags generally dont like to be overfilled, or filled to capacity. So I generally count out how many BBs per "squeeze" my speedloader spits out, then count appropriately. EG my mags take 120 BBs, my speedloader spits out 4 BBs each time the plunger is pressed, so I fill my mags with 29 plunges (116 BBs). This manages to avoid overfilling, as 120rnd mids can sometimes take 125-130, but of course adds strain to the spring.

As JAg says, some maintenance and some lubing will also pay dividends, as will investing in some higher-quality mags, such as G&P Steel mags.
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

I give my mags a tap on the rifle if that happeneds.

Comment

That's midcaps for you
          that's ONE of the problematic midcaps :D

These mags generally dont like to be overfilled
          fully aware of that. i use a speed loader (pistol mag shape) which has a 115BB maximum capacity and i never load more than that into a single mag.

investing in some higher-quality mags
          i use CA midcaps, only the top part is plastic, the rest is steel.

give my mags a tap
          yea, that's what i usually do to, still annoying

Anyway, i'll try to fix it with electrical tape, because it seems that if the mag is constantly squeezed, it wouldn't jam.

thanks for the answers

Comment

What kind of mag is that anyway?

Really hard to tell from dead above it!

Comment

Classic Army midcap for m4/m16 etc.

Comment

hello,

I have a similar problem!

bought some 2nd hand mags, when I went to skirmish thye kept jamming!

luckily I had my G36 mags and magwell spare!!

have tried the mags on a mates M4, weemed ok, tried them on mine.. seemed fine!!

tried againa few days later, would jam up... will try each individual mag tonight, see if its some not all, but one of them def had it jammed up like your pics!!

also some have wobbly plastic tops.. could this be a prob??

If I glued them down would they be ok?? or should I just return these to the seller?
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

QNS Find out more about QNS
                Working...
                X