Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonex motors

been having a look around for a new motor and quite fancy a lonex motor

im running a G&P 8mm gb shell with lonex internals gears red piston cylinder guarder sp90 spring and high current mosfet, I run it on 7.4 lipos but do have a 11.1 on the way to try

my question is this looking on lonex's website they don't recommend using the motor with any less than a 110 spring but that power wouldn't make it under 350fps, Is it going to damage my gearbox if I run it with my set up and does how does anyone with lonex motors rate them
    Attached Files

Re: lonex motors

Depending on the ratio of the gears, if it's very high (20:1,21-1 etc) then it shouldn't be a problem, when you get down to ratios like 13:1 and maybe 16:1 then you can have a pre engagement problem.

What gears and ratio are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

I've seen that graph before but many people still swear by the A2 and seeing as most RIFs in the UK run at sub 350fps, I'd say it would be fine.
      Upcoming Games:
      None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
      Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

A little late to this party but I'll chip in my 2p.

I had the same concerns: an m90/95, standard ratio gears with the A2 motor as its not recommended by Lonex.

Well, i took a punt and bought the A2. It works brilliantly in my gun, running a 7.4 lipo without issue. I wouldn't recommend 11.1s as you will likely run into problems.

Comment

Cheers guys I think I'll go with an a2 I'm using lonex high speed gears I think they a 16:1 ratio I don't think it will go far wrong

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Comment

im running a set of 13:1, with an m90 and lonex A2 motor, and spectre mosfet.
            On an 11.1 im getting 35rps and 310 fps (0.2g)
            i have ran this pretty hard while on the range at fortress, testing on full 120rnd midcap dump several times, and ive not had a single issue.

i have correct my AOE with the 1 and 3/4 teeth being removed, and sorbo fitted, so as long as your box is set up as it should be, an m90 wont do you any harm.
            For Sale!
            TM M870 with a load of stuff
            A&K massada sniper spec
            Chronograph
            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

The SP90 will give you problems with premature engagement if you are running an 11.1v. G&P's M120 will give mid 30's with the same battery and a heavier spring. Also bare in mind the Lonex Red piston is a heavy piston and even with weight reduction isn't great for high rate of fire with such a light spring.
              The Lonex A2 is a little slower than the M120, but has more torque.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

I tried the 11.1v the gb was too fast so I'm gonna stick to 7.4 batteries in it

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
                Working...
                X