• Show
Clear All

• G&G vs Ares vs G&P M4A1

G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

or

G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L

or

Ares M4A1 Carbine (Electronic Trigger) Black AEG

Im looking for Weight, Metal construction, Metal internals/Best internals, best for airsoft, most realistic, best hophop, best gears/sears, best pistons and so on.

or tell me any other good guns for £200-250

Re: G&G vs Ares vs G&P M4A1

G and P, expensive but gooood.
    Ares...may explode or eat itself
    g&g comes with 12 month warranty for combat machines, 24 month for top tech..

personally, for a newer player I would go g and G, simple workable guns, if it doesnt work a magic man fixes it for you. no hastle. gives you more time playing, less time with a broken gun and more time to learn how to build your own shiney things
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

I heard of many threads that there bad internally and dont have an active bolt catch. Plus dont have MOSFET, ARES has MOSFET right? and I heard there internals are good. Can you go into a bit more detail on the three guns I listed and their makes? Sorry, I've just been waiting long time to choose, Im very bad at making choices.

- - - Updated - - -

If I were to go G&G

G&G AEG TR16 Carbine with MOSFET
      or
      G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L

I like the look of Raider

Comment

I like all 3, ARES have upped their game with the FCU models, very nice.
        G&P have lovely externals and decent internals, I'd suggest a rubber change though as from my experience they're not the best
        G&G are cracking too, not a fan of the externals but they have nice internals and are recommended as starter guns for a reason! Their TT line is great and to be are one of the only companies still trying to innovate airsoft.
        IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

G&G Raider - lightweight, reliable, a good first gun.
          Ares - Heavy, nice externals, gearbox poor at best unless it has the new Fire Control System, in which case you need to spend another £40 or so on the programming unit
          G&P - solid gearbox (so long as you don't tinker with it, and that can include fitting a weaker spring, the higher rate of fire G&P guns have short stroked systems that are reliant on a stiff spring to prevent piston destruction), lovely externals, heavy.

Accuracy/range wise its pretty moot, G&G raiders are good, I've heard some people have issues with G&P hop rubbers.

So, to rate them by your criteria (1 being best, 3 being worst), here is a little table (AEGs don't have sears):

Gun Weight Metal Construction Best Internals Best for Airsoft Most Realistic Best HopHop Mosfet Bolt Stop on Empty
          Ares M4 1 1 3 - 2 3 Maybe No
          G&P M4 1 1 2 - 1 2 No No
          G&G M4 3 3 1 - 3 1 No No
          So if you want a gun that *may* break, but will look and feel awesome, you want the G&P M4.

If you want a gun that will work, even when you drop it in the mud, abuse it or don't clean it after a day's play (which you really should) then pick the G&G.

If you want a gun that has a massively complex mosfet circuit board which is currently untested in the slightest bit of rain*, or no mosfet and a frankly terrible microswitch, that might use a proprietary hop that will guaranteed be pissing air out sideways in about 50k rounds go for the ares.

As for your request for other guns in the 200-300 quid range, that's what google is for. It's rare someone will take 15 minutes of their own time to help you like this on here.**

*I've shot the Ares FCS system in my warm dry home and holy hell it is awesome!!! I just have no idea how reliable it will be on a damp day when it is freezing cold.
          **I only did because there was a particularly good bit of death metal playing as I typed this.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Can you recommend a good G&G gun then please? Around the price range I said?

Comment

The G&G raider series. Any of them. All good guns.
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

What would you say about these?

G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L

G&G AEG TR15 Raider XL

Which one is better, or what one would you choose?

Comment

I dont mind which one just which one is better, and should I get a scope with them?

Comment

I'd go with the TR15 as it has a tightbore and MOSFET. You'll have to spend a little more but it is worth it for the improved performance.
                    Last edited by -Archer-; 26 February, 2014, 19:07.
                    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

What battery will fit the G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L?

Comment

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6074

This will fit either.
                        TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //

Comment

Do http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8125 fit the G&G AEG GC16 Raider-L mag?

Comment

I'd go with MAG midcaps instead, much more reliable and higher capacity.

Comment

link?

- - - Updated - - -

but do http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8125 fit?

- - - Updated - - -

any cheap but good metal mags for the G&G Raider?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TBGamer Find out more about TBGamer
                              Working...
                              X