2 years off is my gun still fine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years off is my gun still fine?

So I haven't played any form of Airsoft in going on about 1 and a half to 2 years now and my G&G GR-16 Blowback has been sitting in the box for most of that time. I'm going to a game on the 16th and the FPS limit at my site is 350 for AEG's and if I remember the chrono would say I was shooting around 345, just wondering if there's any chance that my FPS could have gone up in this time of if there's any way of testing as I don't want to turn up on the day and be stuck there with a gun that's too hot cheers for any advice guys!
    sigpic

Re: 2 years off is my gun still fine?

Without putting it on a chrono there is no way of telling.

As a general rule of thumb though, fps decreases over time and only really comes back up after a service.

Comment

Most likely you've left the spring under tension, thus lowering the fps. So you should be fine

Comment

You might find the cobwebs and spiders clog up the chrono when you test it !

Comment

Cheers guys! Hopefully it will be fine but time will tell, as long as there aren't any reasons why it should skyrocket I guess I will be fine :P
          sigpic

Comment

I had a TM M4 sat in a box for 6 years and it still shot fine when I dusted it off, I expect as long as the spring wasn't compressed for that time you'll be fine :-)

Comment

Its almost impossible that the power could have gone up. Unless it had a bad air seal before and you have fixed it since.
              However if the spring was left compressed (if the gun wasn't fired on semi before storage) then fps could have dropped signifcantly

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ziphead Find out more about ziphead
              Working...
              X