X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend me a chrono

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
    This, with extra lashings of this!
    Seen/read some really bad variances with the Madbull chronos (there was a longish running thread on here called "Chronos at the Mall" as a few people had complained about their Madbull chrono, which they replaced I believe with a Skan? Not an isolated incident either.
    When I was at The Mall (assuming it's the Reading one) 3 weekends back they were using a Skan - having said that it was temperamental and so they used a Xcortech 3200 as their backup (believe they had brought it along from one of their other sites)

Comment

My X3200 has been used as one of the site chrono's for over 4 years now and no issues, apart from the fact that shards of BB's can get into it and around the display.

There's also an X3200 MK2 now as well.

And finally, just something about Madbull Chrono's. The actual, proper Madbull Chrono's aren't bad at all, but it's the V2 that you've got to be careful of. Any black Madbull chronographs with the red tribal markings on the front are actually made by China companies, yet there are still many people selling these off as genuine Madbull products. Check their website for confirmation. So perhaps the reason "many" of the Madbulls are crap is due to the fact... they're not Madbull's!

I'm still recommending the Xcortech over others. The UFC Pro Chrono (second site chrono) appears to give results within 5fps of the Xcortech.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
        This, with extra lashings of this!

Seen/read some really bad variances with the Madbull chronos (there was a longish running thread on here called "Chronos at the Mall" as a few people had complained about their Madbull chrono, which they replaced I believe with a Skan? Not an isolated incident either.
        Correct, they did. A madbull chrono recently told me my G&G GR15 was running at 150fps even though you could SEE they were full pace.
        Upcoming Games:
        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
          My X3200 has been used as one of the site chrono's for over 4 years now and no issues, apart from the fact that shards of BB's can get into it and around the display.

There's also an X3200 MK2 now as well.

And finally, just something about Madbull Chrono's. The actual, proper Madbull Chrono's aren't bad at all, but it's the V2 that you've got to be careful of. Any black Madbull chronographs with the red tribal markings on the front are actually made by China companies, yet there are still many people selling these off as genuine Madbull products. Check their website for confirmation. So perhaps the reason "many" of the Madbulls are crap is due to the fact... they're not Madbull's!

I'm still recommending the Xcortech over others. The UFC Pro Chrono (second site chrono) appears to give results within 5fps of the Xcortech.

I'd always recommend the Xcortech as others say.

Gaffa you raise a very interesting point! I, through a deal received the exact chrono you are talking about, I THINK mine has the tribal markings its definitely black... are they knock offs or produced under licence and just not the same quality control? Very strange, or maybe just lucky that my one has always been spot on - very consistent and in line with others'/site chronos.

However in light of what you say I think I will be replacing it with an Xcortech...
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Well the official Madbull V2 doesn't have any QR code in the top right or bar code strip thing, whatever you'd call it (technical name for everything) on the left side of the chrono. Most of these are sold as "Madbull V2.1" chronographs, when no such product exists, with the latest revision being the 2.

The 2.1 version states "Aim & shoot straight// Eye protection should be worn at all times// Application No XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
            The official version states "Aim & shoot straight// Everyone in the field// Should wear goggle at all times".

Some of them do actually work very well. But others have reported segments of the LCD failing, wild variances in results (eg 305 - 310 for 10 shots then one shot @ 103 but with same ammo). But normally, its the subtle differences that China companies do when they're cloning. A good example of this is the knock-off Magpul Flip Up sights. Some of them even have the correct logo on, but if PTS isn't there, then it ain't real.

I had emailed Madbull a couple of years back when I saw these entering the market for clarification, but since can't find the email. I'll shoot another one over to them.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vex Find out more about Vex
            Working...
            X