RIS installation on a g&g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS installation on a g&g

Hey guys, okay so I'm changing out the stock RIS 6in rail on my G&G GR15 for a free float rail system.

I honestly, have no clue which to buy, as they all look weird to install and can't find any videos. The stock RIS I have is attached to the upper receiver by two screws, all the free floats have a weird delta ring thing on them?

Could someone run through a basic method for installing these, or if they'll actually even work? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: RIS installation on a g&g

Depends on which type you choose, most free floaters fit fine but some of the Barrel Nuts (which the Rail section bolts on to) have different threads and won't fit certain types of Gun.
    I replaced the standard M4 Carbine set up on my G & G for a Madbull/DD one with no problems but I did have to get a new outer Barrel to replace the 2 piece crappy thing that comes as standard on the M4.
    With my setup the thread for the Flashider sticks out just past the end of the Rail allowing me to fit a Silencer close in or I can attach a 4" extension piece to change the look.
    You could search on here or have a look on Youtube where there are plenty of clips ;-)

Comment

Those slots on the back of the barrel nut are not for a screwdriver, hammer and a hard thwack. Get yourself an armourers wrench. Make yourself a couple of wooden blocks to sort of fit the contours of your receiver so you can hold firmly without damaging in a vice.
      sigpic
      "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

If you're looking for a RIS i have a G&P URX 3 you could use it to make something like this. (not my picture but an example of what it looks like on a gun, pictured one is real but they look the same).

Comment

G&G forends go together in a weird-ass way they presumably came up with because it's cheap to produce and stays pretty firmly in place without much complication. However their barrel nuts are nothing like the real thing, same story with the barrels, although the threads on the upper are just the usual TM/generic airsoft spec.

Pretty much any after-market airsoft freefloat should go on there fine, the TM spec is the most common. G&P and ICS guns use a different thread as do VFC and Ares, but they're not the main manufacturers of replica rail systems and they still quite often make their extra parts with the TM thread. No way to really give an explanation of installing every single free floating handguard on the market, there's dozens of designs if not hundreds. Would need more info/pictures.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Just had a look on Zero One. If a were a younger man I'd put a link up. They do one with pin locators and 'C' spanner at other end but 'sold out' at moment.
            sigpic
            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

I am looking at a la rue rail some guy has up for sale?

Comment

Or an ACM knights armament free float?

Comment

I've just taken a look and finally got the g&g delta ring (don't know the name for the one on the gr15) and it looks like the free float should fit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

C-Dawg Find out more about C-Dawg
                  Working...
                  X