British loadout glasses or goggles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British loadout glasses or goggles?

Hi, finished my British MTP loadout, now i know they use glasses but after hearing some stories in airsoft with deflected bb's going under them i think it might be best to wear goggles, but they would not go with the loadout, what do you guys think?

Re: British loadout glasses or goggles?

what do you value more, your eyes or that your loadout is 100% authentic.

but seriously i've seen guys wearing british loadouts and wearing goggles, there usually on there helm's in the safe zonevbut come down when they go out.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Get hold of some Revision Bullet Ants, they're current issue. Or even the older ESS Advancer V12s will look authentic.

Job done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Or just ESS ice, or newer issue revision sawflys.
        They are proper ballistic glasses rather than workmans glasses.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm on current British MTP, but I don't do exposed skin, and most of all, mesh eye protection.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

ESS ice or V12s all the way!

Comment

I've taken to wearing lower face, after reading this, admittedly,it doesn't look as good, but when I take it off, I still have both eyes and all my teeth, which is, I think a fair trade off.
              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                Or just ESS ice, or newer issue revision sawflys.
                They are proper ballistic glasses rather than workmans glasses.
                Make/model is irrelevant when its a non sealed piece of eye pro ,hell I've seen sealed eye pro not fit certain faces right . Eye pro is down to how it suits the individual ,sod the load out use what works and is comfortable .Preferably something with no gaps around the edge unless your happy to risk it.

Comment

Use what you want.

I'm done with the scaremongering over ONE unfortunate incident, involving cheap workmans glasses.

By the way, I've had bolle X800s let BBs in.
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

like I say its not the particular glasses in question imo ,it's the the x&y of the face and the eye pro in question. Personally something I don't think can be answered on a forum .It's surprising how many have not even though they might get a round in behind their glasses which I suppose is a good thing for those people to question .Some know but are just ignorant to even the idea it could happen to them . To put it into perspective in 16 years play I know 2 people with damaged vision in one eye both down to bbs getting in nonsealed eye pro ,but then I know of afair about 7-8 incidents I've been privvy to of this happening without any damage to the eye. Just as you say vents on sealed eye pro can be just as open especially when people tear off the foam on the big goggles to help air flow . It's down to what your willing to risk, but you are at the most risk when you use goggles with gaps around . Choosing to ignore it is fine ,but if you didn't know then found out you then have the choice. Knowledge is power .

Comment

The thing is.
                      No one has looked at the causal factor.
                      It was the half mask forcing the eye pro out of position.
                      The fact that the type of eye pro isn't and never has been designed for that situation in the first place. (The half mask being worn as well as the situation type).

In 8 years or so, I've seen more accidents involving 'full seal' than glasses.
                      From misting up and the person tripping, bumping into something, to BBs still getting in.
                      Tbh, I've seen far more incidents involving goggles than glasses. The incidents I've seen involving glasses have been down to cheap glasses.

Ultimately though, the mask was at fault.

Comment

most of the incidents I've come across were with shooting glasses type frames sat in the correct position without a mask of any sort. I don't think the price comes into it tbh more the fit . And more the point did any of the examples you speak of receive permanent eye damage due to the incidents ?

Comment

I have a set or ICE and turbo fans, i wear prescription inserts and a rubber band on the glasses which eliminate the chances of them slipping down, the prescription lenses also seal the gap at the bottom more.

I know i value my eyes more but when you have 2 sets or eye wear things in goggles mist up really fast and i cant see anything even with the fan and really ruins the game for me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
                          Working...
                          X