Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which base gun for a project

hello chaps
    i want to buy a good m4 for the base of a project.
    the project will involve:
    1) 4x32 acog
    2) crane stock w/ 9.6v battery
    3) ras set
    4) M203 RIS mounted short ver.
    5) And a whole load of internal upgrades.

the body of the recommended gun must be metal.
    also any recommendations.
    i was thinking of the Classic Army M15A4 Tactical Carbine (Proline)
    i was thinking about this as the gun is already rear wired and i have bought classic army products before and have been impressed.
    regards
    jmusa
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Re: Which base gun for a project

All depends on your budget buddy! :p - Go for a mix of CA and G&P

Comment

well there will be saving (for a long time) involved
      so anything really except systemas and really expensive varients
      If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

Any particular reasons for a full metal body? - I think there is a bunch of G&G m4s on Z1... Go from there, gradually building.

- Quality is everything, especially for £90. Put in a new motor and spring and you've got a good set-up.

Comment

i want a full metal body for more realism
          there will be trades and it will add a nice weight to the gun

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

also does anyone know what internal upgrades i should be thinking of?

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

Classic army internals are very good, no need to upgrade. Pro-line can take 9.6 easily - may want to change the hop-up unit, thats about it. If you want to, you may consider a less powerful spring and a new motor for higher speed set-ups, although, I don't see the point of it.

Opening up one a proline MP5, although its another AEG, still the same quality in the armalite series - Gears are quite good quality and could probably stand a lipo, but there's no need for it. Proline yellow pistons are great IMO, highly recommended.

Adding a Grenade laucher will just make it even heavier, boosting around 4kgs - impractical for woodland unless its one of those foam things (Forgotten what they're called) for attacking bunkers.

When I get some money, time to open up the SL - Replace bushings and a weaker spring as well as a new piston&piston head, then may consider getting a metal body.

Comment

i dont really mind about the heaviness as my local site eventhough it is woodland is very close battles

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

KWA m4! check out the reviews. Excellent internals. you won't really need to upgrade the internals as they are already brilliant. a guy ran his on 11.1v lipo for 80,000 rounds and the gearbox showed minimal wear. metal body as you request. only thing I'm not positive about is whether they fit ris/ras without any modification. anyways check them out
                  TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

thanks will do
                    also i forgot to mention a torch and laser will be going on the ris aswell
                    not really needing to be mentioned but i just thought that it should be included
                    i will be checking for the kwa now

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JMusa Chilled out and enjoying airsoft Find out more about JMusa
                    Working...
                    X