Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring help

hi guys

im looking to get a new spring to give me a fps of 330, or 1 joule from my understanding they should both be roughly the same?

a few Spring Performance Guides i have looked at all state should use a 8.4v batt. surely the bat doesn't affect the fps?, not interested in a rof increase.

manufacture recomendations ?
    thanks guys
    Theo
    sigpic

Re: spring help

Hey there fella,

What you ideally need is an m90 spring of some description, but you will need to play around with it for quite a bit. I have a gun with an Element m95 in it (which should give me an fps of about 330, but because the air seals in my gearbox are pretty good (marui internals with a vented piston head), that's kicking out 345-348fps, which is no good for indoor sites... In fact I have even heard of m90 springs kicking out up to 400fps, just because of the air seals!

From what I have read, avoid Element springs, as the techies tend to say that the only broken springs they ever encounter are Element ones. Mine's fine so far, but I cannot say how long it will last for.

The battery recommendation is to do with the motor physically being able to turn over the gear box. Some people find that their gun stops working and the piston locks back, just because the motor has not got enough power to drag the spring ALL the way back, so the AR latch locks the whole thing back. So yeah, probably best listen to the battery advice in those sorts of cases. Also, bare in mind that stronger springs lower the rof.

I guess what I am trying to say with all that is that an m90 spring of some description will do you well for the 330 limit, but it could be worth trying to improve your air seals instead (if your gun is firing at marui speeds that is). That way the rof is not affected, there is less strain on the gears and it generally runs more efficiently with what you have got. A good, cheap start would be to swap the piston head over for a new, vented one. Grease up the O-rings in the piston/cylinder to fatten them up. Just look around for various air seal fixes really..

Comment

It will vary HUGELY depending on what else is in your GB. What is in it at the mo?

A different battery may change FPS a little but not more than 5-10.

Comment

sorry guys forget about the 8.4v rant total misshap on my behalf, i am running a 8.4 was just a bit confused why everyone was saying you had to. thanks Bachelarius wiched answere will take it into consideration.
        its a stock version 7 GB dude
        sigpic

Comment

that gun firing 350fps on a m95 spring-bloddy good air compression parts.

Comment

Yep usually 310 on an M95, 330 on M100, 345 with an M105.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I find it really can make a big difference from one gun to the next. I've got an upgraded G&G M4 with a Systema M100 spring. When I first put it in it was firing at 370fps!! When I put the same spring in my G&P Masada it gives 330fps. I try and find a spring that is just over the power I want and trim them down until they're bang on.

Comment

be a bit hard for me without a crono lol so thats why im looking for something that will get me a "average" as close to 330. think i will go with a m100 in the end
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbird 104 View Post
                  I find it really can make a big difference from one gun to the next. I've got an upgraded G&G M4 with a Systema M100 spring. When I first put it in it was firing at 370fps!! When I put the same spring in my G&P Masada it gives 330fps. I try and find a spring that is just over the power I want and trim them down until they're bang on.
                  There's a retailer north of the border who are cutting down either m80 or m90 springs (I can't remember which) to achieve sensible levels with the new G&G M4s. They just seem to have an insanely efficient gearbox.
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mrt88 skirmishing around the country: Stafford, Stoke, London Find out more about Mrt88
                  Working...
                  X