Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Why is a 'costume' or Re-enactment uniiform called a 'load out' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is a 'costume' or Re-enactment uniiform called a 'load out' ?

My take on the term has always been your kit, regardless of whether your trying to replicate something or not as just a general and easy term to use.

I also think costume isn't used as it sounds a bit too much like living history for airsoft and order a bit too military orientated. Loadout seems to be a happy balance for everyone
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

I've always used a mix, I find when I talk to my ex service mates I general drop to "order" etc when it's airsoft it can be rig for either rifle setup or specifically my plate carrier or vest. Load out I use a general term for everything I'm wearing.
      I think some of it comes down to what people will understand:
      As for old saying I'm the only one that calls my sleeping bag a maggot which is often to used to get to gonk, which gets odd looks.
      "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
      Life in the fast lane........
      sigpic

Comment

...Because only gimps and fairies admit to wearing a 'costume'.

- - - Updated - - -

And while I'm on this page! If you wear a specific costume/loadout and attend MilSim events as that particular unit... guess what? You're a role player.

Your wank sock and magical rubber sword are in the post.
        Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 24 March, 2014, 12:33.

Comment

Load out to me is my Vest and Gun set up i use.

Costume to me is what I'm wearing basically.

So if people ask what my 'Load Out' is, its a Coyote Flyye Ciras with an MP7 (5 mags total) and a Hi Capa (5 mags total) on a Drop leg.

If people ask what i wear, its Desert 95 with a black t shirt, 5.11 cap and Tan Lowa Boots.

If people wanna ask who or what i got my 'costume' from, then its simply what was in the surplus shop at the time, a t shirt that was black, a hat i was given by a mate and boots i knew were comfy!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

With regards to the bit on random words, no one else understands, try using South African kit.. thats got some good slang!
            Fire Team Zulu
            Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
            http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
              Figjam, "rig" as far as I am aware is naval slang, or at least most of thd people I have heard use it have had naval backgrounds. Generally just refers to what uniform/outfit you are wearing for a particular task. I'm guessing it has probably dropped in from the wannabe booties, as it would probably be in their vocab too.
              Confirmed, Rig is uniform in Jackspeak. If you're in uniform, you're in rig, although it bleeds through into other areas too, Jack went out wearing some gash civvies, his mates berated him for being in 'sh*t rig'.

Comment

For Airsoft, I think the term "battle rattle" is the most apt.........

Comment

Hahaha! Brilliant!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

See to me using the term loadout also extends to the weapons you have chosen. Essentially, everything you are taking out onto the field. Different loadouts for different sites (CQB, woodland) and game types. Your loadout suits the 'operation'.
                    TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Muppetdaze Edward VII re-enactor, Refugee from a cigar box Find out more about Muppetdaze
                    Working...
                    X