Chest rigs/vests for AK mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest rigs/vests for AK mags?

i know of chicom but i wanted to know if theres any others?

hope you can help

Re: Chest rigs/vests for AK mags?

I use the Centurion vest from WAS - takes both M4 and Ak mags
    R

Comment

If you have another rifle besides your AK - get some HSGI Tacos on a MOLLE rig. I've got an AK and a couple of AR platforms and only use the one rig.
      "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

I have a masada, AK and M14
        Use m14 mag pouches and all fit in them

Nige
        The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

AK47 or 74? Big difference. 74 mags will fit in 5.56 pouches. 47 wont
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
            AK47 or 74? Big difference. 74 mags will fit in 5.56 pouches. 47 wont
            Heres the rifle i am getting its the LCT g-03

aeglctg03.jpg

from the flash hider i would say 74 but who knows?

i have a m4 aswell but i wanted to get another rig that was cheapish so i could mess it up and use with the ak for a guerilla/mercenary look

Comment

What era are you looking for, modern day or before?

Comment

Thats a 47
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

any era really as i just was thinking something like OD rig and then customise it!

How can u tell jonny?

Comment

The gun you're getting is an AK103. It's the newer version gun, but with the heavier 7.62 rounds.

Comment

That one isn't an AK47 but it is an AK103.
                      It's not really a case of the 47 being 7.62 and the 74 being 5.45, which is what Jonny is getting at I think.

Both rifles have been compatible with either cartridge but to cut a long story short;
                      The smaller rounds go into the straight and smooth mags, the larger ones going in the wider and curved banana classics.

In airsoft this means very little except that the curved 7.62 mags only fit in wider pouches, where the newer and straighter magazines can often go in any old M4 pouch.

Just to clarify; that gun uses the 7.62mm style magazine so you'll need larger AK specific pouches. Sometimes you can get away with G36 and similar too.

Comment

See this is what happens when u dont know 2 much about the ak, i know theres a 47 and 74 and know of the shell differences and also knew of the ak105 but not of the 103! its awesome to learn this as i love guns and every little bit of info is really interesting to me! I only recently really got into the ak, but the more i look at it the more i fall in love with it and i think that people should getover the fact its been used widely by terrorists because its not the gun its the guy thats shooting it thats the problem!

i dont want to spend loads on a rig/vest as like i said i want to ruff it up and make it heavily worn holes can be patched with green sniper tape so its all good!

i have the full modern british loadout minus the l85 but like the american load out its so popular it gets abit boring so ill keep that 1 back till the whole craze dies down!

so any ideas for the banana ak mag pouches?

Comment

I use a Flyye industries AK mag carrier, which is basically an 8 mag man-purse. You can find them for around 40 quid. Go through the Kalashnikov thread and you'll find pics of useful bits and bobs.

Comment

yea ive been looking on there but i think i need to read rather than just drooling over the rifles :P

Comment

Originally posted by ToAd399 View Post
                              See this is what happens when u dont know 2 much about the ak, i know theres a 47 and 74 and know of the shell differences and also knew of the ak105 but not of the 103! its awesome to learn this as i love guns and every little bit of info is really interesting to me! I only recently really got into the ak, but the more i look at it the more i fall in love with it and i think that people should getover the fact its been used widely by terrorists because its not the gun its the guy thats shooting it thats the problem!
                              Dont think people think that at all bud! Ak's are really popular, especially in airsoft. And hell, nowadays you're just as likely to see a terrorist using an SKS or an FAL!

Chest rig wise, I've personally just used open top M4 pouches in the past. I have some Warrior 7.62 AK open top pouches lying around that obviously work well too.

You could also go with the more traditional look. I've got an old AK chicom chest rig hanging about that I could sell you for a bit of dosh.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ToAd399 Find out more about ToAd399
                              Working...
                              X