Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar star & Gaming

Hi folks,

Following on from an impressive display at the British airsoft/shooting show and an in depth conversation with the retailer I have been very tempted to go for a polar star DMR build.

My question really is for anyone who already owns or has owned any p* build. How well received are they at airsoft sites? Have you been refused to be allowed to use them?

I have heard some rumours that certain site's may not allow them due to the variable fps. Even though I believe that the air nozzles limit you to certain fps boundaries.

If anyone from the Ground Zero crew is reading this what is your policy on them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Sarge: We're not retreating! We're advancing toward future victory!

Re: Polar star & Gaming

At our site we ask you use a tournament regulator that can be tied in position (giving a fixed FPS.) other than that all they really do is draw a small crowd
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

We conduct random chronoing in field and because of the ease of change, P* users would find themselves dis-proportionately tested (as do any other users of "quick change" systems.

But our policy is simple:
      * Set the gun up for how you want to use it in game
      * Chrono it
      * Pass = play
      * Fail = adjust

Comment

Ive heard or seen no problems with local sites..but the p* is an expensive way to achive what could be achived in other ways.

What p* appears to give is to have 1 gun..go from dmr to aeg to cqb gun in 5 min or less..
        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Yes, I'm not sure about going down this route as yet, it was just that the gentleman I was speaking to at the show was showing off a custom built P* Barrett M107 with the R hop mod and apparently it was achieving accurate fire out to 100m with .40's. Which got me thinking as I already own a Socom Gear M107 however as I have invested a substantial amount upgrading it with a systema gearbox and other bits I will probably stick with the AEG route. But that performance just gave me pause for thought lol

Sarge: We're not retreating! We're advancing toward future victory!

Comment

I have a P* build and don't have a problem using it at sites, it's the performance that gives it the edge over any AEG! It's trigger response in unmatched, won't lock up, won't strip a piston, won't fail in anyway that an AEG gearbox can and also you can set it up to how you like it, it's FCU is very adjustable!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the_monkey View Post
              but the p* is an expensive way to achive what could be achived in other ways.
              Couldn't be more wrong!

AEGs cannot outperform a fusion engine. Propane as an alternate expanding gas source is even worse. I think it would be better if you come back after you've owned most, if not all, HPA and other airsoft systems out there like I have before making such statements. The combination of air as a propulsion method and the electronically controlled internals allow for incredible consistency. I challenge you to find something that has 0.5 fps variance per shot and costs less than a fusion engine (hint, you won't). If you really want me to go into detail as to why the P* is the best option on the market, just ask

A lot of people do like to big up how good their Polar Star is. My SVD is truly amazing when it comes to shooting people. However I've never been as anal or sad as to measure out my shots. Yes, it's very good. Yes, it makes me love playing airsoft. No, I'm not a trained sniper who has to know about ranges because airsoft is a game (though some take it purely as a dick waving contest).

As for being singled out, it happens at larger sites such as Anzio. This is due to the amount of players that attend each game day. F&O operate a policy of treating everyone the same, which is to trust nobody. I have no issue with this, when you get 200 players each game day the likelihood of someone cheating increases. I'm happy to be randomly chrono'd throughout the day on the marshal's approved .2g BBs. My FPS will never change and will be far under the site limit. While fusion engines can shoot upwards of 40 rounds a second, I personally don't find this amusing or fun. I wouldn't want to be shot at by something with that much firepower, so I limit all my guns to a sensible ROF (10-20).

It's not hard to cheat in airsoft. While some enjoy having an unfair advantage outside the game rules, I personally do not. Banning or singling weapon systems out won't solve any problems, because not all the users of these systems are cheaters.

Comment

I once sold 5 aeg to fund a p* m16 with the gas tank moded into the grenade launcher. It's just tooooo good. But finally sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColBurton View Post
                  it was just that the gentleman I was speaking to at the show was showing off a custom built P* Barrett M107 with the R hop mod and apparently it was achieving accurate fire out to 100m with .40's.
                  Key word is Apparently, Considering the real accuracy of airsoft weapons in general This is highly unlikely, for a start anyone using 0.4g with a mesure of customising would use an ER Hop not an R hop to get better consistancy. Please take what people say with a pinch of salt unless your next to them watching the shot, having placed the target yourself with a tapemesure peoples claims of how accurate the rifle is should be taken rather lightly. Also what consitutes as accurate fire? to myself with airsoft anything that can produce a 12" group at my chosen range is accurate. Getting those results at 100m is almost imposible (would say imposible but i know of one instance of HS5 almost getting that but he is the King of airsoft mechs)
                  I know the P* can reach these sort of ranges but when you consider the M107 is running an extreamly long inner barrel depending on what your have in it. and it has to be set up in the most perfect way imaginable, the likely hood of this persons claim and the hopes you have of achiving it could be fairly slim. This is not meant to down play how accurate the P* can be they are great a -+2 FPs you can get on them is great for shot consistancy and i recomend them for DMR because of the trigger responce and above all how quiet they are. This is all to just make you aware of the likely hood of getting such results after a rather expensive investment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ColBurton Find out more about ColBurton
                  Working...
                  X