This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No protection when purchasing IFs/ RIFs through PayPal

I'm not quite sure. If the seller has an address linked to their paypal account you could perhaps get lucky. But I'm not sure if they have the same process of gaining information as the police. If so you'd be fine. But if the online form requires an address it can be tricky.

Comment

I have now resorted to zero one escrow service. Its actually quite good. Im guessing you could pop the cash in an envelope as your part of the trade? My experience was a swap deal. Very smooth. The problem with airsoft is that most people involved seem to be pretty savvy on most things and know how to rip people off if they so desire. Its face to face or swap via escrow for me now. Been stung more than once.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Having recently learned of Paypal's lacklustre support towards it's members who are scammed out of their RIFs, money or both I now fund all of my Paypal purchases with a credit card.

Personally, I am quickly losing interest in using Paypal as a means of paying for my airsoft gear, for all intents and purposes their fees are just an extortionate handling charge for transferring my money.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I am pleased to see this stickied.

All the times the like of BAMF, Sean, Fizzy, Blytm, Black Templar and myself etc, etc tried to get something like this done for the greater good we were shot down in flames, given infractions and even banned.

But now a "green name moderator" has been done it goes up.

1. Genuinely sorry you got done over
          2. Genuinely pleased to see the sticky
          3. Genuinely gobsmaked that it has taken this long for anything to be done about it.

Do you have a physical address of the scumbag?

Comment

I do yes sir. The deal was conducted on Facebook and I have tonight contacted the seller with my intentions detailing the reasons as to why I'm taking it further. This info will be put into a letter and sent to the seller's address I have from the PP invoice.

I honestly don't know why you would be banned/ other disciplinary sanction for posting something like this. I had put up a post in the moderator section asking if the forum rules could be amended to show that, yes whilst PayPal may be recommended it is strictly against their Terms/ Policy to use their service for firearms.

As there are many people who still use or rely on the PayPal service for their sales of imitation firearms, including some retailers, it is important to mention this loud and clear:- you are violating PayPal's conditions by doing so.

Sorry working off my mobile now as going away for the weekend.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I have only had one deal in need of saving on this forum. I Facebook stalked the dude until I had his family and work colleagues.

I wrote him a message and in it I listed who else would receive a similar message within 48 hours.

15 minutes later we came to an agreement on what would be a satisfactory resolution. He was good to his word and no further action was required.

Threats of violence is all well and good (and a particular favourite of mine if I am honest) but the thought of your family and friends finding out you are a scumbag is often a more potent weapon.

Comment

That's good. Generally these threats of "further action" do work, but I would not, under any circumstances recommend or advise using any threats of violence. That's not a good idea.

Sadly, the issue I have is basically the seller won't respond to my message. So it will have to go further.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Any reason Paypal can't throw together a way of protecting RIF airsoft products? They'll be completely aware that their lack of infrastructure is only:

1) Giving scammers an easy ride.
                  2) Forcing victims to resort to less legitimate ways of guaranteeing they get what they're owed.

Obviously neither are right, but they're going to happen if this is the sort of lacklustre support Paypal offers people.

Comment

Kipps, It all comes down to insurance costs for Paypal, it's too expensive for them to get covered for weapons, etc. So they won't do it. There are also legal implications for them in certain countries.

Comment

I think the VCRA also comes into it and the fact they wouldn't be able to "police" any of the sales and this could lead to being prosecuted for not doing so. Hence why they don't.

However, there's an article from the Australian PayPal site which clearly states that they do allow the purchase/ sale of airsoft weapons through their service. You need to adhere to the terms for the country of origin/ paypal site you're using.
                      I'm sure the US PayPal also allows such transactions, and considering they have the 2nd Amendment, they may even allow the sales of live firearms through PayPal. It's a strange one, but the rules are the rules.

Comment

I thought it would be worthwhile adding something into this page, although it's off topic from original...

It's actually against PayPal's User Agreement to ask the buyer to send as a gift for goods or services.
                        https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...agreement-full
                        "Schedule 1 - Table of Fees"

A "Personal Transaction" involves sending money (initiated from the “Personal” tab of the “Send Money” flow) to, and receiving money into your PayPal Account from, friends and family without making a purchase (that is, the payment is not for goods or services). If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Transaction payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept any or all payments for Personal Transactions. Please also note that:
                        Personal Transactions are what we would simply call "gifting" the money.

Comment

We know

It is also against their T&Cs to add fees on top. This should all be included in the price.

Comment

Bump.

Although, as it's stickied this thread is always at the top, I just thought I'd post here again to raise awareness having seen a few people have issues through PayPal recently.

Comment

Ive claimed twice one second hand and one brand new and never had an issue paypal were very good.

Comment

Originally posted by blair View Post
                                Ive claimed twice one second hand and one brand new and never had an issue paypal were very good.

Did paypal know it was a RIF?
                                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                                Working...
                                X