Warrior L96 Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior L96 Advice

Hey, I am looking to purchase the L96 by Warrior to start my sniping. I have a basic understanding of how the guns work and parts. All advice bad and good welcomed, also any other weapons like the L96.

Re: Warrior L96 Advice

so what exactly are you looking for mate?
    Surrounded? You mean we can attack in all directions!!!

Comment

If you're asking whether the warrior L96 is a good starter sniper, then yes, it's a great choice, and a very wise one considering it's cheap in case you don't enjoy the sniping role.

Is this your first airsoft gun? If so I would highly recommend you get an AEG first to get some games in, and work out what you enjoy to do.

Comment

I used to own a well warrior. I wouldn't advise it as a first gun. it is cheap and I suppose reasonable for the money, it does benefit from upgrades though which is more money. Sniping is also best done with a back up pistol which allows you to throw a few quick rounds down range when you get into tight spots. As such you should really be thinking of buying two guns, not one, if you intend to get into sniping.

If I was to do it over again I would buy an AEG first, play a few games and make sure airsoft was for me, then think about buying sniper rifles and pistols as second and third guns.

As for alternatives to the well warrior, Tokyo Marui do a vsr 10 and L96 but they are more expensive.
        My Latest video

Comment

I carry a holstered pistol and a shotgun on my back when sniping.
          Check your sites fps limit and engagement distance for sniping.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Sorry didn't make it clear. Already have an AEG and WE GBB G17, Just fancy a start. I have purchased the ASG AW L96 version from the forums.

Comment

Be prepared to not hit anyone all day when you first take it out. Make sure you buy the best ammo you can afford at a decent weight. Spend a bit of time zeroing your scope and if your site has a range or you have a big enough space get used to how the whole thing works, cocking without losing your target, range and flight path are all important to take into account.
              My biggest fear is that if I die, my mrs will sell of my airsoft kit for what I told her I paid!

WANTED:- WE Hicapa and 1911 parts. PM me if you have anything to offer.

Comment

Thanks, got some ground around home to try it. What would be decent weight and make for BBs?

Comment

Originally posted by theonethatownz View Post
                  Thanks, got some ground around home to try it. What would be decent weight and make for BBs?
                  It only really needs to be a weight that is not knocked off course by the wind. A lot of snipers just go for the heaviest but most of the time, that is not needed. factor in the conditions on the day. minimum I'd say 0.28, maximum 0.40. if you'd rather just stick to one weight then go for somewhere in the middle 0.3 or 0.36

G & G make fantastic BBs and they are available on here in 0.28 size when in stock, for heavier BBs try Zero one's 0.30, 0.36 and 0.40 and see how you get on with them,
                  Last edited by salazar; 2 April, 2014, 21:36.
                  My Latest video

Comment

Thanks, it comes with 0.36 gram so will give these a go.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

theonethatownz Find out more about theonethatownz
                    Working...
                    X