G&G Gas blowback range - Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Gas blowback range - Worth it?

Now, I'll admit I'm quite partial to gas blowbacks and I have been looking at various GBB rifles; the G&G range have caught my attention (Namely the G&G GBB TR4 CQB-R) with their reasonable prices. The only thing is, after googling reviews for any of the GBB's, I'm only returned with reviews for the AEG equivalents which doesn't help too much.

Has anyone here had any experience with any G&G GBB rifles and if so what do you think of them?

Cheers guys!

Re: G&G Gas blowback range - Worth it?

I believe version 1 was a pile of junk as it was basically their AEG body with a gas blowback conversion. Because it wasn't designed to take the stress of the bolt flying back, the butt end would come loose and the selector switch would fall off.
    G & G have addressed this now with version 2, they have made the body more durable and have Ambidextrous selectors and Ambidextrous magazine release. That is how you can tell version one from two as version one was not Ambidextrous.

If you're in the market for a cheapish GBB I'd say go for it, the improvements made to the gun by G&G should make it a decent first GBB rifle. I should point out I don't own one, this is just what I have read and seen from others as I was/am interested in the G&G GBB rifle myself
    My Latest video

Comment

Why bother with G&G? They have no way of limiting or controlling the fps, and the whole range defeats the purpose and benefits of a GBBR. A basic one will set you back £131, but the may costs are the average price....better to save up and buy a proper GBBR.

Comment

The front end falls off. The outer barrel is held on via two grub screws. The minimal recoil it has shakes these out. I found loctite didn't even solve the issue. So I superglued it in the end.

Comment

It's a pointless system. Get a GHK G5

Comment

If you don't want to spend a lot on a GBB gun then yes they are worth it. Though I wouldn't recommend them, if you want recoil and realism get WE and forget G&G, the cost is greater but the guns are that much better.

The issue with the G&G GBB range is that they aren't really designed as a gas gun, simply an AEG that has a conversion kit in it. This means that there can be a few niggling issues such as gas venting and feeding issues. If you only want to get a cheap GBB rifle for a bit of fun plinking in the garden then yes, they are a lot of fun.

Comment

I have just converted a friend's G&G GBB to an AEG; as a GBB, it stank like a pile of donkey poo on a hot, humid day (for those of you who are not familiar with donkeys, that is very stinky!).

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                It's a pointless system. Get a GHK G5
                100% agree! You will not regret spending the extra cash, its way too much fun to use!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

omnomnom Find out more about omnomnom
                Working...
                X