Sites allowing gas SMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sites allowing gas SMG's

I played up at Urban Assault the other day and I read up they don't allow gas rifles or SMG's...

I've seen so many people moving onto gas now, and I was just wondering if it's a common thing with sites not allowing gas rifles and SMG's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sites allowing gas SMG's

Very uncommon - I've had gas re-crono'd due to the temperature raising, but as long as it's below fps limits most sites allow them!

Comment

Guessing Urban Assault just suck then. Cheers for the quick reply man.

Comment

No problem...

I say very uncommon, it's more 'rare'. I have heard of sites not allowing them, but it's a messed up logic imho.

The vast majority will allow gas weapons, so don't be put off getting one!

It's annoying that some don't, but they allow gas pistols! Where's the logic?

Comment

Yeah I know, surely if they are under the site fps limit they are exactly the same as any AEG...

Comment

The big problem with gas guns is that a dishonest player can exploit them as follows:

Cold spring morning, the player goes out and chrono's his WE M4 lets say at 330FPS. Now that is nice and conservatively under 350, right?

Except he skirmishes with 0.3s, so energy is transferred far more efficiently to the BB for a given amount of gas, as it has longer in the barrel, therefore the gas can do work on the BB for longer. This means that his BB is moving at an energy equivalent to say, a 0.2 moving at 360fps (given that my glock will throw 0.2s at 320 and 0.3s at 280 which is equivalent to a 0.2 doing 343 this isn't a stupid estimate).

And then finally, it turns out to be a beauty of a day, and his mags warm up from that oh so chilly six degrees to say, fifteen degrees, and suddenly the energy available from the gas has increased by roughly 10%, so now his chrono'd at 330 gun is hucking BBs out at an equivalent of 380fps or more.

I guess some sites just can't be bothered with chronoing guns again to check that risk!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

That makes sense I suppose, but surely the same with pistols? I guess semi isn't as bad as auto in the case though

Comment

Speaking generally:

Just as easy to swap the spring in many types of electric guns, adjust gas in a P* or classic gun etc as it is to cheat with a GBB rifle or SMG.

IMO, any site that bans GBB weapons because they can't be bothered to do a bit of extra chrono testing is simply running a ridiculous set of rules, because if they're that concerned they'd be re-testing stuff anyway. Anyone with a PTS ACR/-TW/Ares gun/TM recoil AR that's been modded very slightly/the list goes on, can change their weapon's energy output incredibly quickly and easily. Just because the standard gearboxes on the field are the average V2/V3s that mostly don't feature quick swap springs it's not suddenly ok to assume that all those other electric weapons can't be exploited.
                REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Put an npas in and problem solved. Admittly its open to abuse but then if the site does random chronoing thro out the day like mine does theres no issue. Mainly due to myths over gas and sites unwilling to do extra work

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Perhaps it's due to their site's insurance not allowing them?

Not many people think of this issue these days. We had a few people turn up to one of our games last year with mil-spec pyrotechnics. I'd be almost certain that they're not covered by our site insurance.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Sounds more likely its an insurance issue, possibly a liability one concerning safe (and accurate) fps readings; or perhaps a query regarding the same filling, storage and use of compressed gas? (even though a recess monkey could use it safely). We all know the sort of clowns at these insurance brokers.
                      Last edited by Scotty Dog; 12 April, 2014, 02:41. Reason: humorous spelling error

Comment

If anything its insurance issues. Like 500fps having minimum engagment distance. But with the right chrono attitude and rules set up they are just the same as an aeg in consistancy.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

or is it because the site shop does not sell GBB rifles or SMGs :P

Comment

Dont get put off, ive been using GBBR for years now and its rubbish!

Every time i have gone to chrono the site marshalls load the mag with Thier OWN bbs for the test And fire it with it to be sure that nothing goes wrong and no one feels cheated.

And if anyone things higher fps gives them range they are far wrong! So i cant understand the logic behins people thinking raising thier fps???

"Assumption is mother of all f*** ups!"
                            Last edited by Gaffa; 12 April, 2014, 22:26. Reason: Edited due to foul language
                            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
                              or is it because the site shop does not sell GBB rifles or SMGs :P
                              The shop attached to the site in question sells several GBB SMGs Infact, I had an email reminder to say they had new stock of TM MP7 mags, yet they won't allow me to use my MP7 at their site!
                              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

C-Dawg Find out more about C-Dawg
                              Working...
                              X