two tone airsoft guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two tone airsoft guns

hi everybody, im not sure if this is the right place for this, but here it is anyway. ive got my airsoft guns back in spain, and i wanted to know if my girlfriend could send me one, but painting it so its a two tone, would i get any trouble? i havent got my ukara, but i dont want to spend 100 or more pounds buying a two tone one, when ive got good rifles in spain, i know im not getting them past as rifs, thats why ive thinked of painting them, if anybody could help me, i would be a very happy man, thanks all for reading.
    jaime.

Re: two tone airsoft guns

I thought the VCRA covered importing, that is to bring goods or services into a country from abroad for sale , so if you already owned them and could prove it, then you aren't breaking any laws as ownership is not covered by the VCRA. So you wouldn't have to two tone em.

If im wrong though someone (probably BAMF ) can feel free to correct me but that's the jist I have picked up from all the UKARA/VCRA threads.
    Last edited by minimi123246; 20 April, 2014, 19:07. Reason: grammer etc.

Comment

I would guess that as long as your girlfriend painted (manufactured) it in Spain, in compliance with whatever Spanish laws there are on the subject and sent it to you that would be fine.

It is however a tough one due to the fact they are your weapons being sent by your partner for you to be in possession of in the UK.

Edit - Minimi, from the VCRA Section 36:-

(7)A realistic imitation firearm brought into Great Britain shall be liable to forfeiture under the customs and excise Acts.
      So for IFs, as we said, it should be acceptable.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

ok, i will get her to paint them, thank you very much

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jaimesmith i love airsoft and arms, and whatever has to do with them :) Find out more about jaimesmith
        Working...
        X