AA r85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA r85

I'v been looking at these for ages and im thinking of buying one next week, i just want to know if ther worth the money. Im buying one for £105 of another forum comes with the normall stuff magerzine, 3300mah 8.4 battery ect ect.. oh its got a CA sr25 piston

I'd like you opinionson these and is it worth the money.

Re: AA r85

Yes they are worth it, the only problem is the piston but it sounds like you have that covered so all good.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Ok cheers and is the blow back a problem on yours

Comment

Blow back is a problem on everyones!

The AA version is nice. Not perfect, but for half what the next one up costs... well worth the money.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

I've just bought one of these, what sort of upgrades are they needing?

I gather they could do with the piston being replaced with a standard one and a spacer, what else do they need doing?

Also, exactly what's wrong with the blowback?

Comment

What upgrades would i need to get more range

Comment

Tightbore barrel and a better hopup unit is the way to better range.

As for the blowback, its linked to the gears, putting strain on them. Also is the leaver gets caught up, it can break the gears. Best being disabled, and its far too noisy next to the ear for a whole day!

It's worth looking onto for the piston mod, as it is a very common fix to the gun.

Comment

Right i'v just bought one and now i wont to know how to make the blowback work now just to know what its like.

I bought it 2nd hand and he gave me a little hook and said its a 2 second job, but i have no idea were it goes any help

Comment

there's my review 2 and a half years now out of a Chinese AEG here's my review http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11828 the piston upgrade is a good one although i have not upgraded mine there is a little wearing on the teeth now. great first gun i would highly recommend to any first time A.E.G buyer.
                    you could change the hop up that would be good but there's no point upgrading the barrel its already tight bore unless you want a rifled one but there a bit expensive for a Chinese gun
                    Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Originally posted by one-shot-one-kill View Post
                      Right i'v just bought one and now i wont to know how to make the blowback work now just to know what its like.

I bought it 2nd hand and he gave me a little hook and said its a 2 second job, but i have no idea were it goes any help
                      On top of the piston, theres a little carrier - hook and spring if i remember rightlly go in there.

PS This piston stripping thing - has it actually happened to anybody? I've read a lot of hearsay about it, but not actually seen anybody step forward and say it happened to them.

The blowback system as far as I can tell is mechanically very straight forward and if lubed properlly, really cant see it putting that much additional strain on the gears.

Can see potentially the little bits that sit on top of the piston, if they got into the gearbox, problems arising.

Reckon piston damage may be more down to how the gears are shimmed maybe.

G&G do a reinforced piston, that perhaps will do the job better. Also a good upgrade is the hopup rubber which in mine is gubbed.

Comment

All i'v got is the lttle hook unless the sping is already on the piston?

Comment

Has anyone here got one that has a blowback working, or even better has installed a g&G blowback kit?

Comment

Mine will be coming with the blowback re-enabled

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

one-shot-one-kill Find out more about one-shot-one-kill
                            Working...
                            X