Sold a gun, but the gun does not work properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold a gun, but the gun does not work properly

I bought a gun from another user on this site, but the gun does not work properly.

Its a GBB pistol and the issue is that it does not cycle after cocking the gun, it will fire the first BB ok but the slide does not go back far enough to load another BB into the barrel.

The seller did not post whether or not that it was working, just that it had been serviced.

The gun came with magazines, he stated 1 of them has a gas leak which is true, but also another one is leaking, although not as badly.

I am not a gun tech and not confident to attempt this repair.

Is there anything I can do? I don't want it to end in a dispute with paypal, but they arn't giving me many options.

Many Thanks in advance

Re: Sold a gun, but the gun does not work properly

Well, as per forum selling etiquette you should be trying to resolve this via PM with the seller of said gun, if you are not already that is.

Unfortunately Paypal will not be much help, as their T&Cs prohibit the purchasing of RIFs via their service, therefore any dispute raised against a seller, upon Paypal finding out that it was an airsoft gun she/he sold, will be dismissed instantly in favour of the seller on every occasion. This sticks in a lot of people's throats on here as well, but unfortunately in lieu of a better service becoming available it is something we are stuck with.

Do not tamper with the gun until you know that the seller is unwilling to help, this should only be a last resort.

If you paid by credit card, you may be able to ask for a chargeback to be issued to get around Paypal being a chocolate teapot about matters. You may be able to do this if you funded the transaction via your bank with Paypal.

If speaking to the seller gets you nowhere, make sure you leave representative negative feedback on his account to warn other users of his attitude.

If all else fails and you are left with a pup, you will have to take it on the chin. Everyone should have their eyes wide open to the risks of buying second hand privately off a forum, if it's any consolation GBB pistols are very simple contraptions and it doesn't sound like a serious or expensive problem so you could try to DIY it or sell it for spares to make back some money.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

well, a few questions here....

1. What gas are you using? The slide not cycling fully to load the next round could be the gas isn't powerful enough.

2. Recoil spring installed correctly? If the guide has slipped out or such, will prevent the slide from cycling as it should.

3. Has it been lubed?

4. Did you ask the buyer at any point before you sent money if the thing was working? Thats usually my first question to anybody when buying 2nd hand...

5. What did the seller state in the add? If he's not lied in the add then its your fault for not asking the question. Or were you tempted by a bargain basement low price?

6. Paypal won't do anything here. They do not cover RIFs (states in their T&Cs), so even if you did open a dispute, they find out its a RIF, they close the dispute.
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Sorry to hear of your troubles. As suggested above, contact the seller and see if it can be resolved that way. If not, I am in BSE so may be able to have a look for you? What is the pistol?

Comment

You can still get your money back from paypal in some cases, a guy on another forum did recently despite telling paypal it was an rif - best thing to do is file a paypal dispute and try not to mention it's an airsoft gun, however if it does come up hopefully you'll still get a refund like the other guy did.

Comment

I got a refund from paypal after purchasing a VFC 416 that never arrived. I openned a case and hopped for he best and within 3 weeks i luckily had my money back. I dont remember having to mentioned that it was an RIF as it wasnt asked, i just said that the item never arrived. In yiur case, you could just say that its not as described and see how far it gets you. Also, this was done after more than 2 weeks chasing the seller who never repplied. So try yiur best to solve it witht the seller first, maybe a small refund or something to help you get the gun right if theres anything seriously wrong with it. Most honest/serious sellers will try and help you as much as they can.

Comment

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54 may help you, if you can prove it is not as described etc, which you'd imagine "serviced" would imply. If you bought it online i beleive you'll still have a 7 day grace period to return the item with out questions (distance selling regs?). Also if the mag isn't working as it should be, then that is "item not as described" under sale of goods act for sure, that is all well and good quoting the law, but have you tried contacting the guy though? It may be that it broke in the post, or that he thought you knew it wasn't working when you bought it.

Comment

I find the most useful step is to start by presuming honesty. With this in mind, your cycling issue could easily be caused by not enough gas in the mags. If both mags are leaking, this is very likely indeed.

As for your leak problem - generally sellers empty the mag of gas before posting (courier/RM regs), and being kept out of gas for a little while, especially possibly somewhere very cold (overnight in a warehouse?). This can cause the O-rings to freeze. I recently had the same with a pistol - 4 mags not leaking when sent, leaking when arrived. Lube wherever it's leaking from, usually the fill valve first, and leave it to sit (if possible put a pool of lube in, then leave it upside down to soak through). If this doesn't help you, take the mags apart and lube the O rings in the same way.

If you can, test the pistol with a working, non leaking mag, and a decent power gas.

If you get through all this, and the mags are still failing, or if the pistol isn't cycling properly with a confirmed-working mag, then I'd be looking at sending it back to the seller, but, IMHO, both issues have been caused by/happened in transit, and should be easily fixable.

Comment

what make and model of gbb is it?
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone, it's a KWA/ASG Glock 18C and i believe the problem is within the bb loading nozzle. There is a pin which keeps the rocket valve in place and that keeps coming loose I think. In the end they did pay a small amount towards repair.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jimjim Find out more about Jimjim
                    Working...
                    X