Importing a two tone gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Importing a two tone gun

Gents, I think you should be careful. The law states that an under 18 can not purchase a RIF / IF. Now in order to import, you must have made a purchase. While it may be true that UK law does not apply to the Far East, by importing that product into the UK it crosses the UK border and is subject to UK law. For example, it may be perfectly fine for me to purchase an AK47 in Sudan, but I'm guessing I will have an issue when it rolls up at UKBA and they enquire about my Firearms Cert.....

I'm no legal expert, but I'm 99% certain that anyone under 18 importing an Imitation Firearm into the UK would be exposed to the same level of criminal punishment as if they purchased the IF in the UK. Feel free to try it and prove me wrong....I hear that young boys in the prison showers make a lot of friends.....really quick!

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
      Gents, I think you should be careful. The law states that an under 18 can not purchase a RIF / IF.
      Yup, we know this.

Now in order to import, you must have made a purchase.
      Not necessarily.

While it may be true that UK law does not apply to the Far East, by importing that product into the UK it crosses the UK border and is subject to UK law.
      The item's location dictates the laws that apply to it. Buy it in Hong Kong? HK Law applies to the purchase and exportation while in Hong Kong. As soon as it arrives in the UK, UKBA only care about taxes and import law.

For example, it may be perfectly fine for me to purchase an AK47 in Sudan, but I'm guessing I will have an issue when it rolls up at UKBA and they enquire about my Firearms Cert.....
      Pretty much exactly the same thing I said

I'm no legal expert, but I'm 99% certain that anyone under 18 importing an Imitation Firearm into the UK would be exposed to the same level of criminal punishment as if they purchased the IF in the UK.
      Good job you're not a legal expert then, because you're wrong.
      1. There are no laws stating an age to import an IF. As long as it's correctly two toned or clear, anyone of any age can import.
      2. The only law on importing RIFs is that it is illegal. You must have a defense against prosecution and a valid reason for importing said RIF in the UK. Being over 18 is not part of that.

There is no age limit on importation. Go check the VCRA yourself.

Feel free to try it and prove me wrong....I hear that young boys in the prison showers make a lot of friends.....really quick!
      I've known people to do it before, it's legal. Irrespective of your pathetic attempt to mock such horrible things, we do have a place for juvenile offenders specifically away from adults.

So to sum up, one person rolls into a thread, repeats some of what I said then utters an opinion based on nothing but arrogance. Zero In for you.

Comment

I may be wrong here but how can anyone of any age import something they have to pay for? Wouldnt they need a paypal account (have to be 18 for those) or a credit card (18 again)

Comment

@Redhawk

If you think I'm going to waste time crossing internet swords with you, you're wrong. If people would rather go with your idiotic notions then they can have at it. The law was set up the way it was to prohibit the access under 18s have to RIF/IF, if you really believe the authorities will simply turn a blind eye because some internet chav thinks he's found a loophole your more stupid then you sound.

I love the way you promote your argument on the basis that you "Know some one who did it"......yeah, what a great idea to base your future freedoms on....some faceless twat on the internet said I could do it copper.....

With regards to making jokes about detention and prison, ermm, yeah absolutely......or do you think the people who end up there are somehow entitled to my respect and sympathy? Still, if someone ends up in the clank for acting on your crap then really, that's the best place for them.....

On that point, I've admitted my lack of legal training, and have offered what I consider common sense......as the mouthy armchair warrior you seem to be, hurling your insults, what legal training have you had to qualify your statements?

Edit# I find it amusing that you enter the thread and offer an opinion (This is in your mind is somehow valid) but when someone enters and offers a counter opinion you label that as " arrogance".......do you know what the word arrogance means?

Comment

Seriously guys, I started this for some advice only.

The person importing, is in their 20's and know they need to gun sprayed two tone, as I have told them that.

After speaking to my mate, I've managed to find a UK retailer who have 2 G&D's in stock, they just won't two tone them for him lol I'll just end up buying it and gifting him, he would only save about £10 if he imported after checking up on it. Saying that the first retailer we looked at who had them, have the same model for £60 more, hence why we looked at importing.

Either way, I appreciate most of the advice I got from everyone lol now calm down and lets all get back to searching the ******* ***** for more guns to drop our hard earned cash on lol

On a side note though, anyone have an M16 outer barrel and delta ring etc for an AEG they want to shift xD
            The clown has no penis

Comment

Here, for those who care, are the government guidelines on importation of banned goods:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/banned-restricted.htm

What's interesting (and the basis for my opinion) is the fact that when a banned item enters the UK it becomes subject to the banned status and permission to carry that item across the border is exposed to the same restrictions as if the item was acquired in the UK. So if you imported an IF you would still need to prove your eligibility to do so. If you were under 18 and importing an IF UKBA could hold you criminally responsible because the conditions for purchase in the UK is that you're over 18.

If you could prove that the IF was an imported gift then that (I assume) would be perfectly fine.

Comment

^ I don't really want to keep this thread going (and I apologise, I can't be bothered to read all of that link!) but does that rule set not mean that if you buy something which is legal to own abroad and then attempt to import it into the UK you won't be allowed to do so if it is illegal for you to own it here? After all, it is about not importing 'banned' goods, and IFs and RIFs are not banned.

That being the case, an under 18 could import an IF or RIF since it's not illegal for an under 18 to own those things in the UK. After all (and as you mentioned) could they not simply always say: "it has been sent to me as a gift."

NOTE: As I always say though, what the law says/means/seems to say/mean and how any officer of the law (including UKBF) acts on it are not always the same thing!
                Last edited by Longshot; 22 May, 2014, 18:36. Reason: Added 'NOTE'
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                  ^ I don't really want to keep this thread going (and I apologise, I can't be bothered to read all of that link!) but does that rule set not mean that if you buy something which is legal to own abroad and then attempt to import it into the UK you won't be allowed to do so if it is illegal for you to own it here? After all, it is about not importing 'banned' goods, and IFs and RIFs are not banned.

That being the case, an under 18 could import an IF or RIF since it's not illegal for an under 18 to own those things in the UK. After all (and as you mentioned) could they not simply always say: "it has been sent to me as a gift."

NOTE: As I always say though, what the law says/means/seems to say/mean and how any officer of the law (including UKBF) acts on it are not always the same thing!
                  According to the link they are

The following are also banned but in certain cases may be brought into the UK if you have the relevant licence, permit or defence:

firearms, explosives and ammunition
                  realistic imitation firearms
                  offensive weapons including swords with a curved blade exceeding 50cms in length
                  live animals
                  endangered animals or plants - see section below 'souvenirs made from endangered species'
                  certain fur skins and articles made from fur skin
                  certain radio transmitters
                  rough diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                    According to the link they are

The following are also banned but in certain cases may be brought into the UK if you have the relevant licence, permit or defence:

firearms, explosives and ammunition
                    realistic imitation firearms
                    Sorry, phrased that wrong, I meant the ownership of them is not banned.

Clearly the importation of them is banned (since it is illegal) but, as your quote points out, you are allowed to effectively break this law if you have a 'defence' to do so. The point is that the defence against prosecution for importing a RIF is not age specific, so once again an under 18 could do so (theoretically).
                    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Hef legend View Post
                      After speaking to my mate, I've managed to find a UK retailer who have 2 G&D's in stock, they just won't two tone them for him lol I'll just end up buying it and gifting him, he would only save about £10 if he imported after checking up on it.
                      Why don't you buy it and two-tone it for him? That way you won't be out the cost of the gun when you gift it to him (remembering of course that any transfer of money, goods or services from him to you in compensation constitutes a sale and would mean you were selling it to him).

Comment

If he's over 18 and buying a two tone why are you involved at all? He can buy/import his own two tone? Sounds like you're having a major headache for nothing?
                        PTS RM4 ERG, ICS MX5 A5 (Tactical Light Handguard), WE SIG P226 E2, WE M1911 MEU, KWA Glock 17, Mauser L96

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hef legend Been playing airsoft in and around Sussex for about 5 years, I'm quite into my sniping and enjoy having a decent skirmish Find out more about Hef legend
                        Working...
                        X